For the use of SWAG modular layout contributors

The 2013 SWAG Module Project

Stubby47

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Chaps,, apologies for my absence, it's now time for me to concentrate on this project.

We have, I believe, the following :

Tigger & SidecarRacer's fiddle yards and connecting modules

The Stationmaster's module

Peter Bedding's module

My corner module

A 2nd corner module, being built by special invitation, more of which later.

Bill Jones has had to pull out, and Joseph has too many other commitments - thanks anyway, gents.

Which leaves, if we use the same setup as last year, space for one more module.

So, is there anyone else who'd like to get involved and build a small module for the project ???

Because if no-one else steps forwards, I will have to build another one, and it Will have a toilet on - you have been warned !!

Shameless bump - and I'll keep bumping until the end of this month, by which time, unless I have a volunteer, I will close entries and build The Toilet Module !!

What a scale model of Looe???  That will be exciting :)

• RMweb Gold

It won't be 3d printing, I'll be going down to the local builder's reclamation yard..... the older, the better.....

C'mon folks, there must be someone who want's to build a 3ft x 1 ft module for Taunton..... ?

• RMweb Gold

Mike,

About 30" & 32" - this gives just enough room to straighten out before exiting the module (that I made).

If bigger radii are used, then a wider module will result - this should not matter on the day as the other modules cand be moved to fit.

• RMweb Gold

Shameless bump - and I'll keep bumping until the end of this month, by which time, unless I have a volunteer, I will close entries and build The Toilet Module !!

C'mon chaps, there's ages to go yet, surely someone can make a 3ft x 1ft modue to join in ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Gentlemen, we have a plan !

May I suggest the following ensemble, working in an anti-clockwise direction, from the wall with the kitchen hatch :

Sidecar Racer's Fiddle Yard

Sidecar Racer's module

Peter Bedding's module ( to be collected, details of that to be confirmed)

The mystery corner module

Arthur's module

My corner module

The Stationmaster's module

Tigger's module

Tigger's Fiddle Yard

This should not take up any more length than last year, but will be a foot wider, which we will have room for.

Rolling stock

To all visitors - please feel free to bring whatever OO stock you would like to see run - please bear in mind it will be handled by the operators, who may not be you.

Hi Guys I'm here!

Sorry not been around, not going to make excuses but lots and lots of thing that get in the way of playing trains

I am not sure that my module and fiddle yard will be any further on than they were last year, but they work so we can still have fun

Can I ask a cheeky question, can the fine gentlemen building the corners check for clearance for MK3 coaches as I may bring the Regal rolling stock again, if its a problem Her Maj will just have to miss out 

Roll on the day, pasties trains and some good guys plying trains, nuffin better

• RMweb Gold

My corner module will be made suitable for Mk3 stock. I have passed on your request to my under-cover contact to the mystery corner module makers that the same consideration is applied there too.

I am glad that you have only passed this to your under cover as movements of the Royal Train should be kept on a need to know basis. We don't want everybody knowing it will be at Staplegrove Village Hall on the 28th April. Oooops! :blush:

• RMweb Gold

I am glad that you have only passed this to your under cover as movements of the Royal Train should be kept on a need to know basis. We don't want everybody knowing it will be at Staplegrove Village Hall on the 28th April. Oooops! :blush:

You shouldn't really be talking about this sort of thing unless you've been vetted.  If you have any problem getting that done locally I can recommend the vet who did our cat.

Archived