For the use of SWAG modular layout contributors

The 2013 SWAG Module Project

Stubby47

• RMweb Premium

You shouldn't really be talking about this sort of thing unless you've been vetted.  If you have any problem getting that done locally I can recommend the vet who did our cat.

Or two large bricks .   :O

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

There's now less than 4 weeks to go, so time for a quick catch up.

My module is on target for completion around midnight, Sat 28th... Or maybe sooner if the warmer weather turns up.

Bridges : Don't forget to supply two 4" pieces of Code 100 track, each rail end with a soldered on fishplate. The bridges don't need any other support.

Module levelling apperatus : can you also bring some thin pieces of card/wood, to help adjust the relative heights of connecting modules if necessary.

Module interconnecting cable : I'll supply all these, although we didn't seem to need them last year.

Rolling stock : please bring what you'd like to see run - trains of 50+ wagons probably won't fit, but 2-car DMUs will.

Above all - enjoy the day !

Anything else ? And how are you all doing ?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Arthur,

'Opening time' is roughly 10:00. Last year was a bit chaotic - we'll be far more streamlined this time, but arriving at about 8:00-8:30 would be good....

Stu

• RMweb Gold

My module is on target for completion around midnight, Sat 28th...

0800 hrs on Sunday 28th April.

Ahhhh, I may be a day behind then... best get me finger out !

Thanks Stu,

Progress continues on my module, it'll be ready for the 29th. without doubt.

Arthur

Sunday 28th April

and with a following wind it might be ready for the 28th!!!

• RMweb Gold

Well done chaps - and if I may - here is a plug for the (new for this year!!) Sat evening catering arrangements, for those partaking... http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/70201-taunton-members-weekend-event-2013-important-saturday-evening-meal-arrangements/&do=findComment&comment=1001762

• RMweb Gold

Gentlefolk of the Modular Persuasion,

I need to supply our Esteemed Leader with insurance valuations for the modular exhibit at Taunton this year. What I would be grateful for is if you could all inform Stu of the value of your own module, plus any stock you're bringing, and he will advise me of a single overall figure, that will then go on the main spreadsheet for Andy Y. Any individual item valued in excess of £200 should also go on the list, please.

Don't give individual module values to me, though, please give them to Stu/Stubby.

Many thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Gentlefolk of the Modular Persuasion,

I need to supply our Esteemed Leader with insurance valuations for the modular exhibit at Taunton this year. What I would be grateful for is if you could all inform Stu of the value of your own module, plus any stock you're bringing, and he will advise me of a single overall figure, that will then go on the main spreadsheet for Andy Y. Any individual item valued in excess of £200 should also go on the list, please.

Don't give individual module values to me, though, please give them to Stu/Stubby.

Many thanks.

CK, does this include the BCB module?

• RMweb Premium

Just be grateful I won't be sending the O Gauge to OO converter sections along... now that would require some speedy driving!

Hey Dude , see my avatar , I know about fast driving .     :O       :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Out of interest are you Wallace or Gromit in the photo? :jester:  

Definately Wallace , I may be  bit barking but there is no way I'd ever hang off the side of

one of those , I mean , I knew what the drivers were like .   :drag:

Archived