Dapol FGW 153 "N"

lapford34102

Guest Moria

Awesome show of just how far the lettering and livery qualities have got to these days. It's nice to see the limits being stretched so far and so well.

Looking like a must have:)

Regards

Graham

Wastnt the tumblehome (or lack thereof) something to do with their low profile chassis they used to allow a full interior as used on other models, but the 153 body as scaled down from 12":1' scale wouldnt have fitted?

• RMweb Gold

Froth alert Froth alert :O :o

Picking list email just received from Hattons...

If its of any interest...I note that have 6 in stock at the moment...

Hi,

Thanks for noticing that Pete. Suitably frothed I've ordered one . Easy to get through the door. The paperwork's going to take a bit of explaining....... :-(

Pics ASA unless someone gets there first

Stu

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for noticing that Pete. Suitably frothed I've ordered one . Easy to get through the door. The paperwork's going to take a bit of explaining....... :-(

Cheers Stu...all credit for you for originally noticing it.

I can relate to the 'getting it through the door stuff'...I recently brought back some 7mm Mark I's in our suitcase from the UK...and you just can't get away with that like you can in 2mm scale :no:

As for the paperwork, you need to set up a little 'offshore account for model related purchases'...:D

Wastnt the tumblehome (or lack thereof) something to do with their low profile chassis they used to allow a full interior as used on other models, but the 153 body as scaled down from 12":1' scale wouldnt have fitted?

I have not heard that explanation before but it sounds plausible. The thing to remember is that the tumblehome discrepancy is much more obvious in enlarged photos than when it is actually running on a layout.

...I recently brought back some 7mm Mark I's in our suitcase from the UK...and you just can't get away with that like you can in 2mm scale :no:

Off topic but what did Spanish customs make of that ?

Sold out already at Hattons

Double thanks to Pete for the heads up then.

Am I right in thinking there was no warning about this one ? If so I'm mildly surprised Dapol Dave hasn't chipped in on this one.

And on the subject of chips any recommendations for this one as IIRC a Bachmann 6 pin won't fit.

Thanks

Stu

Hi chaps,

The 153 has been on display at a few shows this year and to be honest I thought it was general knowledge. It as appeared on our Facebook page as Joel runs that and I know he posted a picture there. So please accept my apologies.

However I know that if Hatton's are out of stock then Kevin will ring them in the morning to see if they want to order some more.

I'll update the list first thing in the morning as another batch of class 22's arrived at the same time and they should also be in the shops now.

Cheers

Dave

Mine arrived this morning and looks as good as in photos on the web. Well done Dapol! Hopefully the missing FGW MkIIIs for the HST won't be long.

Now, all I need is for Farish to issue their 150 in FGW livery, which will probably never happen, unfortunately :cry:

Mine arrived this morning and looks as good as in photos on the web

Got mine as well. Just one photo give you an idea of the printing

FGW153-1.jpg

Now, all I need is for Farish to issue their 150 in FGW livery

We can live in hope...........

Stu

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom J,

Dave, is there to be an unpowered fGW 153 in common with the other liveries, can you tell us?

I was wondering that too as the current release would appear to be the result of a cancelled Antics commission (advertised at least as far back as August 2010!), which also mentioned a dummy version too.

Dave - can you tell us if the dummy version is on the cards?

If not, could you add one, please? :)

Cheers,

Ixion.

Hi guys,

We didnt plan any unpowered class 153 units in FGW, as unpowered 153's never seemed to sell very well despite the low price and the limited production compared to the powered ones.

Indeed the powered ones are selling so well...........we still have loads in stock! :pardon:

So a re-run of FGW with unpowered chassis is most unlikely.

Cheers

Dave

Archived