This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

+1

martin_wynne

• RMweb Premium

"What do you get if you multiply six by nine?"

Cheers,

Mick

That's too hard for me. I prefer simple stuff like eiπ = - 1.

Then again, 42 and 69 are very interesting numbers... :jester:

Jeff

How can you have 50% of less than 100?

Sounds like a politicians understanding of percentages, who set a tax rate which moves with the revenue, but they they adjust the rate as well!!!! I seriously wonder if they grasp the nature of percentages, which automatically return in proportion to the taxable return. ..or more likely they understand but hope the Public does not allowing double tax increases, one by inflation, and one by fiddling with the rate. Believe me few people can work out percentages, because the schools fail to explain how simple it is.

They also fail at statistics and analysis,...... All people who have eaten brown bread have died, should brown bread be banned to save lies?..........

Okay then, I'll bite!

What is the largest number you can write with just three digits?

9 9 9 (nine to the power of nine to the power of nine) or

9 387420489

(dredging my memory of college here!!)

Note no added symbols, as you could add other factorials to increase the answer, this sticks to just three numbers

Error: divide by 0 in line 5.

Alternatively, insert quote from H2G2 about proving black is white and getting run down on the next zebra crossing.

Come , come, I was not being serious, it is a hoary old fallacy in mathematics!!! ...42 is a much better answer in general, except where it is inconvenient, like all wrong answers!

• RMweb Premium

Calculus lost me when we got to "Curl F"

I thought it had something to do with SWMBO's hair-dresser.

Anybody know just what we are testing in this bit of the Test Area?

Well said that man. Hair-raising stuff!!

And what about div D ... I thought it was a brand of tea...

Don, I think we are all testing our sad "sense-of-humour"!!

Jeff

• RMweb Gold
Anybody know just what we are testing in this bit of the Test Area?

Hi Don,

I've no idea what everyone else is testing, but my original post was to test numeric parsing on IPB. i.e. if a field content can be interpreted as a number without error, does it get displayed as a number or as a string? The answer is a string -- a number would have lost the + sign. I intended to delete it immediately but the Delete button didn't work. The rest is history. smile.gif

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Moderator patience

Hi Don,

I've no idea what everyone else is testing, but my original post was to test numeric parsing on IPB. i.e. if a field content can be interpreted as a number without error, does it get displayed as a number or as a string? The answer is a string -- a number would have lost the + sign. I intended to delete it immediately but the Delete button didn't work. The rest is history. smile.gif

Martin.

Yes...unless the Mods step in and lock the thread it looks like this will run and run.

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Yes...unless the Mods step in and lock the thread it looks like this will run and run.

Jeff

Ad infinitum!

Archived