• 3 weeks later...

Incoming!! Part 2. Set 1019 is the first of 3 different sets of Sud-Express's lovely Sorefame coaches to arrive. With any luck and Covid19 permitting we will have all three before Wigan show in October and the passenger permutations will be almost limitless! £200+ for a set of 3 looks dear but originally were going to be brass and twice that and the quality looks absolutely top notch!  

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 16.28.00.png

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Look what is creeping around Airthrey Park (now residing in Portugal) while Campo is in the Scottish Borders....... A Nohab, Unit 0111, which is preserved at museum. Brand new and custom build Arlo-Micromodel, exlusive production for JG Modelismo

98007116_565566367707529_4958880445807722496_n.jpg

98181328_559213018113456_3363005520716759040_n.jpg

98484482_641928923027065_6665279684177035264_n.jpg

99432318_687881042037305_599150604966690816_n.jpg

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Three more sets on the way if your interested - 

SOREFAME da Sudexpress
Faça a sua reserva antecipada para mais esta série de carruagens
S0119 - 3 carruagens
S0219 - 2 carruagens
S0319 - 3 carruagens

Entrega prevista para 4º trimestre 2020

19 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Three more sets on the way if your interested - 

SOREFAME da Sudexpress
Faça a sua reserva antecipada para mais esta série de carruagens
S0119 - 3 carruagens
S0219 - 2 carruagens
S0319 - 3 carruagens

Entrega prevista para 4º trimestre 2020

Thanks Andrew. Not sure we could accommodate many more but a very interesting time for all those interested in CP and all things Portugal. They appear to have 'seen the light' I hope, in some way, spurred on by one of our own within this modelling group.....! Loco hauled is back in a bigger way, loads more coaches coming into traffic, long stored locos being overhauled and given a 2nd or is it 3rd chance, Late 2020 or 2021 looks like a very good time to be visiting Portugal for some proper train action.

• 2 months later...

Bit of a sad post this and also a bit late (apologies!) This was meant to be the weekend (3rd and 4th) we met some of you with Campo De Leste at Wigan show and alas it wasn't to be. Don't worry we haven't been idle, more and more stock has been addded to roster and two lovely new Brass 1550s are being built by some clever Korean folk as we speak. New wagons too and a new and very special unit. Nohab 0111 has joined the fleet and has 5 passengers and a driver and guard fitted to fits its 'busy' branchline role to a tea! All being well and subject to final confirmation we will be at Wigan 2021 as planned but a year late!120825455_1588329851339486_457362086861531449_n.jpg.7b53c7288bff94cbe424a58d920ba830.jpg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 3 months later...

Much excitement building in Portugal (as and when lockdowns are lifted Fabulous image from Jorge Mendonca of 2611 at Contumil with a plastic thing. These newly overhauled old electrics are getting a new lease of life and loco hauled I/C services are on the up in Portugal. 

142578329_10157566922851319_4081905107893854732_o.jpg

• Like 8

On 04/02/2021 at 10:52, Neils WRX said:

Very nice MLW, one of those if you have to ask the price “you can’t afford it”!!!

Stay safe,

Neil

Neil. Andrew has convinced me that they are actually 'FREE' Yes they may be expensive but in every case, with their previous models 1500, 1800, Sentinel etc) they are now worth way more than they were when purchased, a supply and demand thing I guess? So like buying quality antiques or First Growth Bordeaux wine I guess it could be seen as in investment! (ahem!...... and that's what I am telling SWMBO)

Edited by gridwatcher
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi gridwatcher,

Am new to this Forum so am playing catch up on a few threads. I model Spanish, French and soon Italian trains but have spent a very enjoyable morning reading through the whole of your lovely Portuguese layout thread.

Lots of interest for me, especially the coaches and buildings. I've never been to Portugal and forgetting Covid, I don't think I should anyway as I'd go and see some trains, get hooked and end up starting a Portuguese layout as well. Maybe if I win the Lottery.

Really great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Chris (weave)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

You probably already know about this but just in case, I thought I’d drop this here;

https://www.r37.fr/?page_id=1602
It’s the CP 1200 if you’re dubious about clicking the link, proposed by R37 models of France, whose native French version is sublime. Looks like they need a few more orders in order to proceed with the project though.

No worries if it’s not of interest,

John

• 1 month later...

That's brill John. Hadn't noticed that one. Meanwhile we have been told that Wigan Show is cancelled for 2021 so our hope of CAmpo getting a few days out and about has gone, and due to rejigging of the schedules and invited layout list needing to be shortened we have agreed to it being 2023! when we attend. Sorry folks. We will try and get another invite somewhere before then

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 27/02/2021 at 09:03, weave said:

Hi gridwatcher,

Am new to this Forum so am playing catch up on a few threads. I model Spanish, French and soon Italian trains but have spent a very enjoyable morning reading through the whole of your lovely Portuguese layout thread.

Lots of interest for me, especially the coaches and buildings. I've never been to Portugal and forgetting Covid, I don't think I should anyway as I'd go and see some trains, get hooked and end up starting a Portuguese layout as well. Maybe if I win the Lottery.

Really great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Chris (weave)

Chris

Welcome. You SHOULD go. Once the travel stuff gets easier it's still a brilliant place to travel around by train. Relatively cheap to get to Sleazy Jet to Porto is a good option and relatively cheap to travel around by rail, proper loco hauled inter city and regional services and an increasing number of more tourist focussed trains. I would say definitely spend a day or two on the Douro valley and try and fit in the meter gauge Vouga line further south too. The only place that it's a bit of a desert these days is the far south. Andrew Donnelly (158722 on here) would keep you right, as he is 'Our Man In Coimbra'

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, this is slightly off topic but I wonder if anyone knows a little bit more about which loco-hauled carriages were used on Portuguese metre gauge in the 1990s and 2000s. I know about the railcars and DMUs but it is really hard to find detail about the coaches. I'd like to see if there are any models of close prototypes available (even from Shapeways) but can't find where to start! I know that Modelismo Artesanal is focusing on mete gauge from now on, but I am not sure I can wait that long!!

Thank you

Ian

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Simon Dawson has produced (very quickly as ever) Shapeways 3D bodyshells for the 1991 Sorefame metre gauge DMUs in about eleventy billion different scales as ever. I am looking forward to having a go at these in a few weeks. 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZQ3WVD4WJ/o-87-portugal-9630-series-dmu-coach-b?optionId=227509880&li=marketplace

These will complement both the 9000 and 9020 diesels which are also available on SW too.

If anyone who uses the Portuguese forums fancies sharing on there, I am sure some sales would persuade Simon to do a few more ;-) 

This site has some lovely drawings BTW if anyone needs them...... on. https://www.trainlogistic.com/pt/Comboios/index_fich.htm 

Thanks

Ian 

Edited by ianmianmianm
(Edited to change hypothetical idea into thing that actually has happened).

• 2 weeks later...

Just have to post again to let you know that Simon Dawson has now done the Metre Gauge Nohab cars bodyshells in a variety of scales as 3d prints. This means that in metre gauge, the following are available:

- Small railbuses - Modelismo Artesanal - HOm - not in production. RTR

- Metre gauge modern single car LRV (Tua and Mirandela lines) - Modelismo Artesanal, HOm, not in production but may revisit as RTR or bring kits out soon.

- CP 9000 and 9020 locos - bodyshell, chassis and bogie sides in HO and TT 1:120 - 3D prints on shapeways.

- CP 9630 DMU 2 cars - 3D prints on shapeways of both a and b cars, in 8+ scales - bodies

- CP 9100 Nohab - 3d Prints on shapeways, both with and without radiator, in 8+ scales. 

- Simon is extending the range too.

The 3d models in HO and smaller are all under 100 quid. 

I've no connection other than a customer and am seriously contemplating a layout in TTN3 

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=9100 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2021 at 15:39, ianmianmianm said:

- Metre gauge modern single car LRV (Tua and Mirandela lines) - Modelismo Artesanal, HOm, not in production but may revisit as RTR or bring kits out soon.

TT Trams has just brought out the 9500 LRV railcar as a bodyshell on SW for around 50 quid. Pretty sure there are PIKO chassis that will fit this.  

Yipee! We now have 3 DMUs and 2 locos available as 3D prints in HOm, and all sorts of German pre-war coaches that will serve up till the 1980s.

• Like 1

Meanwhile here is José's lovely picture from yesterday on the Douro. I can heartily recommend to anyone a weekend trip to Porto with loco hauled up and down the valley and plenty of super food and drink to be had. Flights are back on (Riotscare) and seem pretty cheap?! 

244155816_4350275805091760_5542296649805113298_n.jpg

• Like 9