• RMweb Premium

Only just noticed this thread following your gallery images, Si - sounds like a great idea for a layout to me! Knowing my penchant for accuracy, I but think that if I were to do a Spanish or Portuguese layout - which I have considered on and off - I would be wanting to go all the way and actually build my own broad gauge track, and have my stock regauged, obviously.

• Like 1

Only just noticed this thread following your gallery images, Si - sounds like a great idea for a layout to me! Knowing my penchant for accuracy, I but think that if I were to do a Spanish or Portuguese layout - which I have considered on and off - I would be wanting to go all the way and actually build my own broad gauge track, and have my stock regauged, obviously.

Ouch!!

I have often wondered why they don't model Spain and Portugal at a different scale again (say 1:95?) and thus make the track scale, though I suppose it then make s buildings, vehicles etc etc a nightmare.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can be a little more 'out there' and pick up a Takargo Red one 1449 AND a Somafel infrastructure yellow one 1441 for €299 for the two?! Mintrem Loja apparently. It is an exquisite little model and always makes people smile when it warbles in......

• 4 weeks later...

You can be a little more 'out there' and pick up a Takargo Red one 1449 AND a Somafel infrastructure yellow one 1441 for €299 for the two?! Mintrem Loja apparently. It is an exquisite little model and always makes people smile when it warbles in......

So where can I buy these or any other CP stuff??

Does anyone do a ready to run model of the 1800 ?

• 2 weeks later...

There is an 1800 Norbrass and costs €800!!! We have a sound fitted one. Don't ask!! In fact the only seriously big gap in our roster is the Alstom (ASTI) 1900- 1930 class. Just to let you know I haven't stopped progress and the boards are now done with curved corners in the backscene. The reason for the hold up. We have all the track and bits and can start building. Only other delay is my purchase of Harrington US Switching plank from Richard New!! Too many projects, too much stock!?!

• 4 weeks later...

The Sud Express Euro4000 loco in Takargo livery hit the rails about 10 days ago.

From what I´ve read, it sounds like they´ve done a good job.

But then again at around 230€ (without sound), it should be!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lizKxywbuWk&feature=player_embedded

It is a top model according to my Portuguese contacts. A question of size of market? I guess the price is what you would expect to pay for European models of this quality. There are Spanish and Norwegian versions. Sud Express have exclusive rights with Vossloh for models so when DRS BO-BO version appears we may have a new manufacturer appear on UK market?! The sound fitted one is heading this way?!

Si

• Like 2

Speaking of Portugese trains

2 years back I was in one of my favourite portugese towns of Viana do Castelo and had a nosey at the station(below shopping mall so temporary escapism from plastic damage by wife )

From deciphering a flyer (portugese is easier to read than speak) it appeared that they were running summer steam excursions up the Douro Valley?

Anybody know if they did run /are still running? (beginnings of a cunning plan)

I spent a summer overlooking the Douro and the clatter of the trains alongside the river on the single track was a nice warming sight and sound.

I totally agree with you that the size of the market dictates the price.

I believe they are only making 150 models of each livery. That includes DC, DCC sound and 3 rail versions.

If they do have the sole modelling rights from Vossloh, I wonder if they will do a Spanish 334. The Spanish have been crying out for one for years now.

Here is another video of the Takargo version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtdK-f6EtaM

And although not Portuguese, here is the EuroPorte version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCfvJRxkPP4

With regards the steam train up the Douro Valley, looks like you have your last chance to hop aboard this Saturday. Atleast this year anyway.

http://www.cp.pt/cp/...0007b01a8c0RCRD

• Like 1

Speaking of Portugese trains

2 years back I was in one of my favourite portugese towns of Viana do Castelo and had a nosey at the station(below shopping mall so temporary escapism from plastic damage by wife )

From deciphering a flyer (portugese is easier to read than speak) it appeared that they were running summer steam excursions up the Douro Valley?

Anybody know if they did run /are still running? (beginnings of a cunning plan)

I spent a summer overlooking the Douro and the clatter of the trains alongside the river on the single track was a nice warming sight and sound.

Hi yes they are. I have a lot of contacts involved with Douro steam/diesel trips. There is a very good couple of days where you can stay near the bottom, diesel to the end of the line, back to Tua, lunch (which is superb at Tua station) then steam to Regua. Following day down river all the way to Porto on cruiser. Really good fun. PM me if you want contact details!

• 3 weeks later...

Having just discovered this thread a tad late!

Plenty of CP stuff here in my little modelling zone.....

2 x Piko BB63000s into CP1200s

7 x Sud Express 1400s.... 2 Blue, 2 Orange, 2 Takargo and a Somafel yellow one. The Somafel yellow one picked up on Ebay for £70 brand new from the states!

3 x RSC2u Class 1500 Alcos. 1510 In blue (Dummy), 1503 & 1511 Converted from Atlas RSD4/5

1 x RSC3 Class 1521 Alco: 1522 in Orange. Converted from Atlas RSD4/5

1 x Mabar 1329

1 x 2600 Resin kit

1 x 9000 narrow gauge loco - Resin Kit

Projects for the long winter nights:

Convert a Lima SNCF BB15000 into a CP2600, a NSWR Bombardier thing into a 1961 and possible a Jeuof CC72000 into a ASTI!

That little lot should keep me busy Simon! Some of them might have to take a little holiday....

That video of 1558 at Tancos looks familiar....

7132302003_78f566b8cb.jpg

1558 by Type Ones on Tour, on Flickr

B Exam is back!! Still no Facebook action? Donnelly is over this week and we had a CP evening thrashing out what we do and don't want from the layout. The thing we want most is some coaching stock?! The 1800 is here with me and is exquisite. BEst of all we have a super 50 sound chip with extra loud double horn action coming for her. Also fitted Nuno and friend in the drivers seats and a rather hairless Geordie in the second man's seat? Stock is looking reat. The freight roster is now complete with yellow grain hoppers in both 4 wheel and bogie variety. Likewise cements various. Just got to start laying track. Mosteiro station building coming in December. Goods shed almost there?

B Exam is back!! Still no Facebook action? Donnelly is over this week and we had a CP evening thrashing out what we do and don't want from the layout. The thing we want most is some coaching stock?! The 1800 is here with me and is exquisite. BEst of all we have a super 50 sound chip with extra loud double horn action coming for her. Also fitted Nuno and friend in the drivers seats and a rather hairless Geordie in the second man's seat? Stock is looking reat. The freight roster is now complete with yellow grain hoppers in both 4 wheel and bogie variety. Likewise cements various. Just got to start laying track. Mosteiro station building coming in December. Goods shed almost there?

No faceache.... Too many problems!

Passenger stock is a problem.... B600 coaches done by MicroModel. €220 for a pair.... Ouch! Schindlers? Anything Swiss that can be converted?

I'll provide the ASTI, you provide the sounds! I hear you are the expert in that department. Well, our Lisboa/Residing in Edinburgh this week correspondant tells me...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest addition to fleet are two Cp aircons of the French designed variety, a lovely bit of Roco kit with tampo printed stainless steel ribbing on the sides. Very clever! We have an issue in that 1400s and these coaches don't normally mix. The answer is a GEN van, which is now in build in Lisbon by Mr Donnelly!

• 2 weeks later...

a station building for the project..... grain silos are afoot too!

Very nice Mr B!

Are we modelling the bar across the road in minature? Things have to be protypical you know.... :good: