Progress at last. Mr Donnelly Senior in Whickham Newcastle has been busy on boards one and two. Here are images of board one with ballasting and platforms done. Buildngs to be planted in small street/square behind the station (you have seen bar etc before) this board and 2 will come back to Stirling and the final board (the grain tower and cement terminal) will swap to North East for more of the same. 

post-657-0-83031800-1395386210_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-40321500-1395386285.jpg

post-657-0-67813200-1395386334_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-09156300-1395386384_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Looking really good!

Been enjoying keeping up to date with this as it reminds me of where I spent part of my childhood and corrupted me into becoming an Alcophile!

I can see you've used Peco track but which type - 75 or 83?

It certainly looks the part anyway, well done!

Cheers,

John E.

• Like 1

Looking really good!

Been enjoying keeping up to date with this as it reminds me of where I spent part of my childhood and corrupted me into becoming an Alcophile!

I can see you've used Peco track but which type - 75 or 83?

It certainly looks the part anyway, well done!

Cheers,

John E.

Code 75. Guess it's as near as we can get...wrong gauge but hey ho? As long as the finished thing 'looks right'. Fleet is looking good too and we are looking for bookings for 2015!!!?

• Like 1

Cheers bud!

Well the track sure looks great to me - much better to accept the slight gauge variation and get things running (speaking as someone who messes with a wider gauge!). Now, I'll have a word in someone's ear about a booking for you around the NW way if you like?

Cheers,

John E.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers bud!

Well the track sure looks great to me - much better to accept the slight gauge variation and get things running (speaking as someone who messes with a wider gauge!). Now, I'll have a word in someone's ear about a booking for you around the NW way if you like?

Cheers,

John E.

We would love to come to a show and do an English Electric special for the Lancashire Lads!! Will keep you posted as to when we get near to completion! Supposed to be going to Utterly Butterly on invite from Bachmann lad (Steve?) and Ben Jones is keen to have us for BRM live too I understand!? at some future date!

• Like 1

HI Johna. They are produced by a company called Maket4you for their own building kits. That said they are VERY helpful. They have done one offs for several buildings for us already. They are a print/decal and may well supply you some? Malcolm got some extra for the toilet block>!?

Guest B Exam

A little (TENTATIVE) news. We may well be debuting Campo De Leste at Midland Railex Utterly Butterly in August NEXT year (2015)!? Will confirm when we have confirmed!!  S

I look forward to next year then Simon. Will drag Mr Brown along with me. May even bring some rolling stock along to see if they work - unfortunately anologue only.

The Bachmann man will be Steve Smith. Not seen him for while, we was good friends for the best part of 20 years.

Some good pubs and a decent curry house not far from Butterley. Thats the Saturday night entertainment sorted....

• Like 1

Cheers bud!

Cheers,

John E.

We can visit the Blackburn area too if you like John?? Mick might be keen?

• Like 1

Possibly!

I don't think I know a Mick from Blackburn unfortunately, I was thinking of when/if Manchester get going again. Or, even Leigh? Which is actually not far at all from N-le-W!!!

Cheers,

John E.

Mick is Newbryford see above. The Yellow plant man from Blackburn. Anything near Manchester is good for me. Born and bred!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Possibly!

I don't think I know a Mick from Blackburn unfortunately, I was thinking of when/if Manchester get going again. Or, even Leigh? Which is actually not far at all from N-le-W!!!

Cheers,

John E.

Mick is Newbryford see above. The Yellow plant man from Blackburn. Anything near Manchester is good for me. Born and bred!

That's me! I'll have a word with our exhibition team.

In the meantime, I bet you haven't got one of these.....?

post-408-0-49916200-1396794518_thumb.jpg

Taken at Tunes two days ago. I also got loads of photos of the surviving station and engine shed/turntable at Lagos a few days before that

post-408-0-47448000-1396794895_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-45354000-1396794912_thumb.jpg

Although I do like the modern replacement that wouldn't look out of place as a UK station.

post-408-0-05039500-1396794928_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The MISSING LINKS! We will have a very full fleet available BUT the Asti is a big (and loud) miss as is a Drazine. I reckon the latter is very do-able but the Asti is just a pipe dream. Maybe once economy picks up there is a chance?! Inside cab shot was a pre electrification cab ride from Evora back to Lisbon

post-657-0-72732300-1398147605_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-07133500-1398147616_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-29952500-1398147652_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-92091200-1398147670_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-99721200-1398147682_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Big and very rare MetalArt MLW 1566 has been refitted with a larger speaker. 20x40 which fits at a slightly jaunty angle and is now Blak-Tak'ed into place. Much louder than the original Portuguese fitted one. Another loco ready for service. Here the real thing shunts cement bombs at Pinhal Novo (just like ours will do at Campo De Leste)!! 

post-657-0-65106400-1398174897.jpg

• Like 2

Guest B Exam

The MISSING LINKS! We will have a very full fleet available BUT the Asti is a big (and loud) miss as is a Drazine. I reckon the latter is very do-able but the Asti is just a pipe dream. Maybe once economy picks up there is a chance?! Inside cab shot was a pre electrification cab ride from Evora back to Lisbon

I'm working on it.... Its finding the time in the scratchbuilding department.

It maybe ready for service at Butterley next year...

Guest B Exam

Keep going...... are we talking much modded Broken Nose frog?

Could be....

The pre-requisite broken nose frog arrived in the post this morning. Better find that razor saw....

Anybody got any scale drawing apart from the the CP technical sheets?

Guest B Exam

A lot of head scratching going off at the moment (Soon have less hair than 158722 at this rate...) regarding scratchbuilding a big Asti from a much modded broken nose frog (Lima CC72000). The only thing that seems to be of use is the cabs above the bufferbeams, below the roof gutter line and outboard of the bodysides....

For a chassis - good question. Anybody have any ideas? 46mm wheelbase bogies, 114mm bogie centres. 12.6mm diameter wheels....

Now does anybody have a good roof view of a 1930? Mine seem to be at a distance from the lineside.

Edited by B Exam