More High Dyke photos on flickr - and some other images

• RMweb Gold

I've come across several hundred more images on the High Dyke branch and iron ore lines (many during the short lived preservation attempt) and have therefore decided to start a fourth collection on flickr.

It is to be found at: http://www.flickr.co...57626274215250/

The set to look at is "High Dyke branch again"

So far there are only about a dozen images.

I have still not found a photo of the unusual point motor at Skillington Junction, but some of the photos show wire to it!

I've also added an image to the "Grantham to Nottingham" set on the same page on flickr. It is reproduced below for those who don't want to trawl through the whole set to find it!

Also one of a Class 74, not yet on flickr.

post-5613-0-17816000-1336659097_thumb.jpg

Skillington and Sproxton road level crossing ore loading Class 31 5675 June 73 J3219

post-5613-0-73095200-1336659073_thumb.jpg

Nottingham Trent Lane level crossing May 74 J3668

post-5613-0-23783700-1336659080_thumb.jpg

Pirbright Junction Class 74 electro diesel E6107 up parcels 17th April 71 J2609

I hope they are of interest.

David

I've come across several hundred more images on the High Dyke branch and iron ore lines (many during the short lived preservation attempt) and have therefore decided to start a fourth collection on flickr.

I have still not found a photo of the unusual point motor at Skillington Junction, but some of the photos show wire to it!

I hope they are of interest.

David

You are my best hope of finding a photo of the Sheremeteff David.

• RMweb Gold

You are my best hope of finding a photo of the Sheremeteff David.

I think I have photos of the majority of points on the branch, except for some reason at Colsterworth, but not that one.

It was a bit awkward to get to, as it meant crossing a field (as you can see on the latest photos on flickr), there were easier vantage points! Only after the line was closed to regular traffic by BR when Dad had a reason to be trackside as he managed the Buckminster Railway workings would it have been easy, and then it never occurred to either of us.

I will keep looking!

David

• 1 year later...

It appears this Sheremeteff installation has a facing point lock. The only other pictures i've seen are of one on trial in Australia. This one didn't have a facing point lock and was 'wound up' if it needed to be by a giant 'C' spanner. I suspect the one lever ground frame in the photo was used for the same purpose. Seeing as it survived until the branch closed there must be a photo out there?

Archived