Scaleforum 2012

Decapod

We've already put in a bid for Brio :sungum:

I think you'll find Lego is finer scale. The only prize I have ever won - for "most unusual layout" at the Halifax show - had previously been won by a Lego trainset.

No doubt Jeff Bridges has the contact address?

Ian

Guest jim s-w

But, and it's a big but, those who model in OO and EM try to 'to do everything as near to scale as possible' also. The difference is very much the track and wheel standards which is where P4 'came in' all those years ago.

I do think that those S4 members who insist that only they have the right to claim that they have the holy grail are missing the point, not I.

Nope, you still miss the point completely. Its wrong to assume that everyones motivation is to do everything to scale. I lot of people get immense enjoyment from running rtr stuff, not always the right loco with the right stock, the correct regional variations or even a rough idea of the right period. Just because our motivation might be adherance to a prototype its not everyones.

Cheers

Jim

Guest jim s-w

No.Kenton has a valid case re elitism which needs to be answered. It is the bane of the hobby which I have no doubt contributes to the decline which we are all witnessing no matter what the scale. I believe he is wrong if my experience of the Scalefour Society is anything to go by as it it in no way elitist. I think he needs answers and proof, not condemnation.

Met

Always hard to prove something isnt there John. Best bet here for all reading this thread is quite simply, dont feed the Troll!

Cheers

Jim

Right; as photos have been shown etc and it's gone through another gauge war I'm going to close this off now.

I do think it fair to say there's a lot of P4 modellers and Scalefour Society members on here who do share their work in a non-elitist fashion and engage with everyone on how things are achieved.

The new venue topic will remain open for any questions about next year's event.

Archived