C Rail container kits.

Sutton Junction

Hi,

Ive recently purchased, after a long period of wanting them, a couple of C Rail Containers that are RTR and have noticed they also produce kits. How difficult are these kits to assemble to a decent standard, similar to the RTR versions, and what else is required to finish them that is not included in the box? I fancy having a go at these because they are cheaper and I fancy the challenge!!!

Any advice or tips is much appriciated,

Thanks,

Jack :)

• RMweb Premium

Quite straight forward, but you will need paints and transfers to complete.

They also supply transfers.

I did a rake of Malcolm Logistics really pleased with them for a first attempt, nicely weathered even had very posative comments from the MD of Malcolm Logistics when he saw them running on the clubs layout "Littleton Parkway" at the Glasgow 2010 Exhibition.

The week after I had completed them Bachmann issued them as one of ther new liveries ?

Took the shine away....

Terry

Quite straight forward, but you will need paints and transfers to complete.

They also supply transfers.

I did a rake of Malcolm Logistics really pleased with them for a first attempt, nicely weathered even had very posative comments from the MD of Malcolm Logistics when he saw them running on the clubs layout "Littleton Parkway" at the Glasgow 2010 Exhibition.

The week after I had completed them Bachmann issued them as one of ther new liveries ?

Took the shine away....

Terry

Thanks for the reply. Do they sell the correct colour paint aswell or do you have to buy from a third party? I would like to weather them too and try to get them nice and realistic. How many did you make for your rake? Im sure that you were impressed that he noticed lol. Yep your right they are due as a new release but tha fact youmade them yourself makes them miles better :)

• RMweb Premium

I am trying remember, and I think the transfers sheets suggested the paint colours which were Precision Paints.

I built a rake of eight and no I did not know Bachmann were going to produce them.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

HI All

Since some one mentioned my kits and transfers i have the latest in stock now.

In OO there's a enough for 2 X Interbulk and one Bertschi 30ft bulk.

The N Gauge sheet has Interbulk bulktainers and tanks and Bertschi Bulktainers and tanks, and theres also Nichicon tanks as well.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-57157000-1338233443_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-07559700-1338233471_thumb.jpg

Archived