My next new RTR container is a 40ft X 8'6"

arran

HI All

It's that time again when i decide to spend some cash on the next RTR container which is the standard 40ft container, this will use the same locking bars as the 20ft containers and curent 40ft floor.

The 40ft will have two types of door tooled so i can vary the look as all doors the same can look odd, and anyway i want them that way so thats why im doing it.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-43264500-1337099497_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-97792000-1337099524_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-92301100-1337099547_thumb.jpg

Guest jim s-w

Will this one be the right height Arran? Any thoughts on an earlier fabricated one? Your have the entire market for the 1980s period if you did

Cheers

Jim

HI All

The main problem i have with the older type of container at the moment are two fold, 1 is the lack of the FFA FGA and 2 is the lack of info i have on liveries from that period.

I do have some info but nothing like you i would need to to make this happen so partly it up to every one to hunt out good pics and let me know what every one has.

Regards Arran

Excellent news! Am i right to assume as there is a photograph of a MSC 40ft that this will be one of the first liveries? About time we had the correct colour! All of the best with the project. When MSC, OOCL, NYK, MOL, Maersk etc are out i shall get buying!

HI All

Ive not decided on initial liveries yet but i suppose MSC needs to be on my hit list some time soon, and i will likely do some others i know will sell fast that Ive done on the HC box's.

Ive also have the option of doing different roof types as well as some have wider and less ribs as well as another type of reefer unit most probably a Thermo King, id do that first.

Regards Arran

Guest jim s-w

HI All

The main problem i have with the older type of container at the moment are two fold, 1 is the lack of the FFA FGA and 2 is the lack of info i have on liveries from that period.

Hmmm. Know any rtr wagon companies? :)

Cheers

Jim

excellent news, with the 20ft and your highcube we can look forward to some decent looking container trains, i've held off from buying many of the competitors models in the hope you'd announce these at some point!

Chris

Guest jim s-w

Who said anything about copying Charlie? You didn't copy the pacer why assume you would copy something for an FFA?

• 5 weeks later...

Hello.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious - on the CAD image the levers for the locking bars are all at the same height whereas on the two pictures of the container ends they are at staggered heights. Is this intentional or an oversight?

When you mentioned two different types of doors, I assumed that the panel in the middle third of the door was the difference - or are the levers on the locking bars also a detail difference?

David.

Hello.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious - on the CAD image the levers for the locking bars are all at the same height whereas on the two pictures of the container ends they are at staggered heights. Is this intentional or an oversight?

When you mentioned two different types of doors, I assumed that the panel in the middle third of the door was the difference - or are the levers on the locking bars also a detail difference?

David.

HI David

The most common type of locking bars are the ones on the container cads, the other reason is i have them as already and to do a different type just adds to much cost.

Regards Arran

Hello.

Thank you both (Arran and Glorious NSE) for setting me straight. I notice that the picture supplied by Glorious NSE shows yet another variation on the panels in the end doors.

Containers. Endless variations ... :-)

David.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

HI All

All good things come to those that wait , these are the first samples of the 40ft x 8ft6" containers .

It also shows the three door styles, if this turns out to be a selling point i can do others, your thoughts are appreciated.

You can see them on DC Kits stand this weekend at Peterborough.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-18118000-1350578616_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-17551900-1350578637_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Which liveries are you producing first in the 40ft x 8'6"?

HI

The four that are first are BELL, MSC, Hamburg-Sud and MAERSK old in silver with the name on the end.

Its looking like the end of Fed for the production being here which is good going as i only stared this in My 2011.

Regards Arran

Archived