Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

It is exactly one month before BCB is back in the public eye (at expo em north) and there are a number of jobs that either need to be done or we would wish were done before that show.

Yesterday there was a board exchange... Geoff returned the 'pub board' to my place after some mods to point moters and picked up the board we call 'canal junction' for similar mods.

The lock side scenics on the pub board had suffered over the last few months and Mr York was round this evening 'touching up'.

The known list of activity is as follows:

Finish the eye to the sky BBA and BAA train and it's load - Nigel also needs to finish his!!!

I want to put a 1/2 inch bead on top of one side of each tresses so that the hinges are out of the way

each tressel to be fitted with a rigid steel brace to set the height - it is a rushed length of wire currently.

Geoff has some electrical wizardry to complete

Mark has a few rolling sock projects to complete

Andy y wants to put some more 'crack and poo on the TEA tanks

Paul Gannon has serviced the DE2

The industrial steel bridge at the back of the layout has developed rust coloured salt crystal growth of quatermast proportions.

This list won't be exhaustive, just those that I know about.

I will be posting as we count down and I hope my chums do too.

Andy

• Like 3

The industrial steel bridge at the back of the layout has developed rust coloured salt crystal growth of quatermast proportions.

I must write up this technique where wagons continue to weather themselves over a prolonged period. ;)

I'll be round with the wire brush and a 6" brush to slap some Hammerite on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I must write up this technique where wagons continue to weather themselves over a prolonged period. ;)

I'll be round with the wire brush and a 6" brush to slap some Hammerite on.

That's what I call touching up....

Andy

• RMweb Premium

First of the rolling socks to be tackled was 45120, which (if you look back at any of the photos from previous shows) stands out from the other locos in the fleet for all the wrong reasons - it was much too clean!

A blast with some Dullcote, a light dusting with some powders and a "dirty brown" wash over the bogies and it's starting to look a bit more in keeping with the others.  I didn't want to too dirty as in reality it would have been fairly recently back into traffic after a works visit.

post-6677-0-41443800-1408038068_thumb.jpg

post-6677-0-66008000-1408038075_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

First of the rolling socks to be tackled was 45120, which (if you look back at any of the photos from previous shows) stands out from the other locos in the fleet for all the wrong reasons - it was much too clean!

A blast with some Dullcote, a light dusting with some powders and a "dirty brown" wash over the bogies and it's starting to look a bit more in keeping with the others.  I didn't want to too dirty as in reality it would have been fairly recently back into traffic after a works visit.

attachicon.gifDSCF3659.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF3661.JPG

And not a mention of the ingot mould wagon, I've not seen that before....

Andy

• RMweb Premium

I thought it got weathered with smoke?

From traction motor fires.

Agreed

Wishful thinking gents.  It was 44005 which went up in smoke (although,TBH, I thought it was the 45 too).

Cross Fell is next on awaiting attention list.  The rewire was actually completed while you continued to play trains at DEMU Showcase, but one of the drive shafts has come adrift so she is currently only running on one bogie (and consequently is unable to remove the skin from rice pudding).

post-6677-0-34447600-1408045457_thumb.jpg

And not a mention of the ingot mould wagon, I've not seen that before....

Thought you'd spot that.  You know how it is, you pop into your local model shop for chimney pots and ridge tiles and wagons leap off the shelves shouting BUY ME NOW.

It's Hornby with a bit of a dry brushing and new wheels.  Better add couplings to the to do list.

Wishful thinking gents.  It was 44005 which went up in smoke (although,TBH, I thought it was the 45 too).

Cross Fell is next on awaiting attention list.  The rewire was actually completed while you continued to play trains at DEMU Showcase, but one of the drive shafts has come adrift so she is currently only running on one bogie (and consequently is unable to remove the skin from rice pudding).

attachicon.gifDSCF3662.JPG

Thought you'd spot that.  You know how it is, you pop into your local model shop for chimney pots and ridge tiles and wagons leap off the shelves shouting BUY ME NOW.

It's Hornby with a bit of a dry brushing and new wheels.  Better add couplings to the to do list.

OMG

Call the civil engineers.

There's two peaks together.....

• RMweb Premium

As you might have gathered, the Peaks are a little unpopular with my fellow BCB'ers who seem to struggle with getting all of the wheels on the track.  

I'm always looking for ways to help, so have come up with the following solution to be tested at Expo EM North:

post-6677-0-24579700-1408048667_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

As you might have gathered, the Peaks are a little unpopular with my fellow BCB'ers who seem to struggle with getting all of the wheels on the track.  

I'm always looking for ways to help, so have come up with the following solution to be tested at Expo EM North:

attachicon.gifDSCF3663.JPG

Should i bring my EM-eronna?

Mike.

attachicon.gifDSCF3663.JPG

Now we really will have to call the civil engineers.

Whats the axle weight gone up to?....