Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

BCN - love it...

Yes, nothing changes, same era - everything

Surely you mean BCB Rich?...;)

One letter out of place - ONE LETTER - that's all... :P I must have been subconsciously thinking of the canals (a good excuse) or .......

Burnley, Colne & Nelson :)

https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/05/27/17/5271722_9d8575b6.jpg

One of the first things I’m going to sort out is the leg arrangement. For BCB I used the same arrangement as I did for ‘Diesels in the Duchy’ namely tressels and timbers forming a subframe.

post-8734-0-47778900-1548610316_thumb.jpeg

post-8734-0-58228400-1548610400_thumb.jpeg

post-8734-0-06477000-1548610557_thumb.jpeg

Trouble is you end up with lots off loose bits. To sort this I’m going to hinge legs on each board and piggy back off the master.

• Like 5

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Indomitable026 said:

Happened across this earlier, what a brilliant way of combining two great interests...

I can see BCBar becoming a popular exhibit.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

It was good to see and have a catcch up with so many former SRC members who have moved away from Stafford or there jobs give little time for Modelling.

Eltel 

• Like 3

On 02/02/2019 at 00:06, Martin S-C said:

That's pretty high. My home baseboards are 40" to the underside of tehframe, so about 43" to the track and that seems high enough!

I'm keen to see what folding legs you design for this as I am considering making something similar.

Its around what we’ve standardised on over many years, perhaps a couple inches higher as I think 46 to rail height is our norm. Quite where the extra 2 crept in from I’m not sure.

The legs will just be straight forward hinge down with a brace, hopefully I’ll have a go at the weekend.

16 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Don't forget that the rail height is higher at the pub end.

Yes agreed, this is one of the reasons I'm taking the measurements - to work out what the difference in the track height is end to end. I can then look at how I counter that in the new back fiddleyard.

For those that don't know, the main lines on BCB are built on a 1 in 100 gradient from the viaduct down to the tunnel. Now the layout is becoming a complete circuit this obviously needs to be addressed in the new fiddleyard somehow.