Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

• RMweb Gold

Speedy work their Damian.

That's quite an impressive garage/workshop you have there. No wonder your layouts are always so well presented.

Also good to see that food is never far from your mind, although cakes instead of pies....... :)

• Like 1

Speedy work their Damian.

That's quite an impressive garage/workshop you have there. No wonder your layouts are always so well presented.

Also good to see that food is never far from your mind, although cakes instead of pies....... :)

Thanks.

I can see i've been rumbled, you see every time I post a photo I get to sit down and have tea and cake!

• Like 1

Good job you weren't at the modelling session last night then, pork pies, samosas, bahjis, pakoras, sausage rolls and little individual chocolate chip muffins! How many photo's would have been posted?

Out of interest are you working in a parrallel universe where the hours are made up of more minutes ?

Amazing what a deadline can do.

Yes it focuses the mind - and its kept me out of the pub....

Should be ready for a bit of polystyrene shortly then.....

Indeed sir

• RMweb Premium

Last night saw a few of the group get together for one of our regular modelling nights (along with the now customary consumption of various pies and snacks - thanks to Mrs F).

At the start of the evening my bit of workbench looked a bit like this:

post-6677-0-67332600-1339100460.jpg

I tend to have several projects on the go in various states, so along with assembling some Parkside Plate wagons I managed to make some progress on a few other wagons too. By the end of the evening:

post-6677-0-00601000-1339100782.jpg

The Plates will receive BR pattern axleguards, requiring the solebar mouldings to be thinned down to give clearance:

post-6677-0-66893600-1339100971.jpg

I suspect I will be replacing the plastic springs with some chunkier cast whitemetal parts (on order from EMGS) and I have a few different types of axleboxes to choose from. I want to make most of these vac fitted, so need to find some suitable brake levers and vees.

• Like 2

fantastic work. just let me know when you are ready for any board to move South or likewise if you need anything coming North. I am in Bawtry on Tuesday and Friday next week.

A

Yes great.

I'll see how I get on in the next couple of days, however most of the work is still to come in building up the track bed and its support.

If I know young spams he will want to deal with the whole layout together for the scenic treatment, so may be worth me puting the track bed on and him doing the first fix scenery, I can then then put the wooden contour front on. I think at that point the boards can then 'fly the nest'.

I know it means a bit of a wait but it will be the most efficient way. Hopefully at that point there may be track available and we can all start plumbing in our bits (so to speak)

• Like 2

sorry, hadn't meant to apply any pressure... offer of North bound goods still stands if you need anything from down here... A

No pressure - I'm just being bossy.

And yes its a good plan on the regular 'Bawtry goods'.

Now how wide's your car? In fact, how wide should I have made them?

ha ha ha

Guest Phil

Last night saw a few of the group get together for one of our regular modelling nights (along with the now customary consumption of various pies and snacks - thanks to Mrs F).

At the start of the evening my bit of workbench looked a bit like this:

post-6677-0-67332600-1339100460.jpg

I tend to have several projects on the go in various states, so along with assembling some Parkside Plate wagons I managed to make some progress on a few other wagons too. By the end of the evening:

The Plates will receive BR pattern axleguards, requiring the solebar mouldings to be thinned down to give clearance:

I suspect I will be replacing the plastic springs with some chunkier cast whitemetal parts (on order from EMGS) and I have a few different types of axleboxes to choose from. I want to make most of these vac fitted, so need to find some suitable brake levers and vees.

MJT axleguards Mark ?