Industrial Warehouse Unit in '00'

Hi all,

I have decided to have a go at this competition. This will be quite a challenge for me as I have never actualy successfuly scratch built something before. So this is going to be fun!

I plan to build a sort of 'warehouse buiding' with two units in the building. One will be a ScrewFix, and the other a stage equipment supplier. Here is a rough drawing of what I plan to make...

post-12330-0-77620300-1337959134_thumb.png

It will be constructed from plasticard, using Wills brick sheeting and Wills or Slaters corrigated sheeting for the outer layer. I will also try to do the inside of the ScrewFix trade counter and the offices of the neighbouring stage equipment supplier.

Actual construction will hopefuly start next week. This will be my first proper scratch built building, anything else I attempted in the past went drasticaly wrong at the first hurdle. It will also be my first building from plasticard, anything else I tried in the past was from card. So I expect this will have a few mistakes, attempts, re-works and shouting at it before its finished!

All for now...

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update,

I have made a start on all four walls. I used 1mm flexible brick sheet from Wills for the bottom with 1mm plasticard at the top built on a base layer of 0.5mm plasticard.

post-12330-0-05738600-1338999692.jpg

post-12330-0-64521000-1338999708.jpg

The next stage will be to weather the brick (with Tamiya Deck Tan, rubbed down, probably with fine sand or wet and dry paper). I will then (providing my courigated sheet arrives) construct the top section with a base layer of 0.5mm plasticard and the 1mm courigated sheet. I will then paint that, do the windows and 'attempt' to put the building together, I'll use 1mm plasticard for inner strength. The large shutter roller doors will also be made from the courigated sheet.

Cheers,

Heinz

• 1 month later...

It is with regret that I have decided to withdraw this entry.

The build quality wasn't that good, nothing was straight and it wouldn't have gone together right. It was nowhere near competition standard.

I will be scrapping this idea and doing something new, I'll start a new thread in due course.

However, thank you all the same for taking the time to look at this project.

Mods, feel free to lock/delete this thread

I'm sorry that you have decided to halt this project but if you want a similar warehouse type structure I believe Scale Scenes do a kit which you may find of interest. Having made a couple of these kits, I can recommend them.

Regards,

Brian.

Archived