Model Rail Limited Editions news

dibber25

WCR Class 57 and Class 37/5. . . . . . .

Chris - any news at all about the 2nd Trans-Pennine pack (2 X TSO)?

Thank you . . .

Nothing further that I am aware of. Also, my earlier comment concerned forthcoming rolling stock items, not locomotives.

CHRIS LEIGH

• 2 weeks later...

Two-tone blue Red Star Class 128 from Heljan as 55993 to come later this year. That's the one with GWR coat of arms and GWR font 'Express Parcels' lettering as applied at Tyseley. Limited run of 300. £139.95 (subs £125.95) Pre-order on 01209 613984.

CHRIS LEIGH

Two-tone blue Red Star Class 128 from Heljan as 55993 to come later this year. That's the one with GWR coat of arms and GWR font 'Express Parcels' lettering as applied at Tyseley. Limited run of 300. £139.95 (subs £125.95) Pre-order on 01209 613984.

CHRIS LEIGH

Excellent Stuff !!!

• 1 month later...

Received the loco today after only ordering it yesterday! I can highly recommend it Tom. It is finished to a very high standard and you won't be disappointed mate.

Admin edit: Just to highlight and clarify that this post does not relate to the Class 91 which is not yet available for delivery.

With apologies to anybody who has already read this on Model Rail's Facebook page, but here is my post there copy and pasted here with regards to minor livery issues.

Lovely livery application - Hornby at their very best there. One minor point though, the nameplates appear to be in the incorrect positions.

On the left handside the nameplate should start over the "S" of Lest and finish above the "O" of Forget whereas the pictured model has them over "E" and "F" respectively, in otherwords too far forward. See flickr image here http://goo.gl/TiVWu

On the right handside the reverse appears to be the problem, in so far as the nameplate appears to be too far back on the loco. In this instance the nameplate should start just after the "F" of forget and finished just after the "R" of the lower text of Forget, instead of the starting at the "E" of We and finishing just before the "R" of Forget. See flickr image here: http://goo.gl/djfXO. The only other very minor detail with the livery is that the data panels on the rear of the loco are white backed. I do appreciate that the out of place nameplates may be a deliberate thing, due to the difference in the bodyside grills on the 91/1 models compared to the 91/0, which the Hornby model represents.

Wow. I don't own a single item of modern image stock in OO and I want one :) bloody nice model. That gigantic coupling is the only bit that jars with me

The chassis is an old one. The model will come with a new-style Hornby chassis.

CHRIS LEIGH

The chassis is an old one. The model will come with a new-style Hornby chassis.

CHRIS LEIGH

I didn't mean it as a serious criticism :) im sure people would have snapped them up anyway, but now that they have a promise of a new-style Hornby chassis (i'm sorry if most 91s have them now, im not up to date with my modern image models) they will sell like the proverbial hot cakes.

A rather superb model all round

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris

Do you mean all new Chassis (a la Class 60) or Limby as per Current Class 90

Thanks

Mike

It's a new chassis with the motor bogie and a dcc socket, not an all-wheel drive chassis like the 60. I don't use the term 'Limby' - it is confusing as the 91 was never a Lima model.

CHRIS LEIGH

• 1 month later...

Archived