Free 2D software

Dear All,

I have had to give up on 2D/3D design as i need someone to show me how to do it, computers are not my strong point.

I found this free soft from Seimens, it looks very impressive, but then I am impressionable by computer things that look easy.

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/velocity/solidedge/free2d/

I hope this is useful.

best wishes,

semaj (James Corsi. Hofbau am See)

Hello James,

You may want to take a look at this link for different CAD packages. CAD is a steep learning curve but one of the best for beginners is Sketchup Try staying with it and see if you can build on the existing skills you have gained. Also look for classes maybe at you local college..

Regards

Tom

Hi James,

How about Inkscape as a free 2D drawing package? I found it quite easy to use for my first etching project.

Just in case you are able to make it to DEMU Showcase this year we hope to be able to give demonstrations in both Inkscape and Blender (both free software packages for 2D and 3D CAD respectively).

Guy

I've also downloaded that software recently, along with DraftSight. I couldn't find tools to do what I wanted so I went back to A9CAD. This doesn't do everything as easily as I would like but it is a more simple 2D drawing package that works in a similar way to what AutoCAD did 10+ years ago, which I like. I have made several sheets of etchings with this software. I haven't tried Inkscape so I cannot comment on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived