International Models ,Helensburgh

GWR Man

• RMweb Gold

Surprise, surprise - looked and the website and see that they are now in Scotland - didn't realise that they had moved from North Wales......and before that they were local to me in East Kent.

As Gordon has mentioned, great people to deal with,

Keith

They used to be regulars on the show circuit down south - I guess that now they have moved they will be seen less. I have purchased at shows but not mail order or online - though jave no doubt they would be as good as any other.

Surprise, surprise - looked and the website and see that they are now in Scotland - didn't realise that they had moved from North Wales......and before that they were local to me in East Kent.

They used to own the CGW range of 4mm scale etched nameplates.

• RMweb Premium

Always found their mail order service to be prompt.

Yes, I'd agree with that. Ordered a lot of scenic grass and embankment structures from them when they were in Wales. Service on the 'phone was always excellent. The guy that ran the company used to remember my previous order, even if it was months earlier!

I didn't realise they'd moved to Scotland. No doubt the service will be just as good.

Jeff

I've ordered from them both when they were in Wales and now they are located in Scotland and have found them to be very good in both communication (when stockouts occured) and very efficient in despatching orders.

Regards

Philip

• RMweb Premium

I've ordered from them both when they were in Wales and now they are located in Scotland and have found them to be very good in both communication (when stockouts occured) and very efficient in despatching orders.

Regards

Philip

I'm glad to hear that as they stock a good range of stuff that's hard to find elsewhere. I must have a check of their website as it's been a while since I used them.

Jeff

I'm glad to hear that as they stock a good range of stuff that's hard to find elsewhere. I must have a check of their website as it's been a while since I used them.

Jeff

The reason why I asked about them was because there change of address ,had used them in the distant past when they were in Wales and got good service,I now have now sent them 3 emails asking about payment of goods and vat and have not had acknowledgement or reply ,Ist email was sent over a week ago. GWR Man

• 5 months later...

I tried to phone them at the new address on Wednesday (shouldnt expect they are at a show, but whatever) and it just rang out eventually going to answerphone so I left all my details - I said I would also send them a detailed email. In that email I ordered some items on the assumption that my understanding of them was correct, which it was (they confirmed), yet the email I received back made no reference to taking payment or getting the order out. It was as if "here is your answer now go away-thanks" kind of reply. Surely if youre going to be brusque with people you take their money first then do all the Basil Fawlty impressions you like after payments cleared!

Conrad Electronics UK are good alternative or there is a large modelling seller on ebay Germany.

Edited by ThaneofFife

• RMweb Gold

Surely if youre going to be brusque with people you take their money first then do all the Basil Fawlty impressions you like after payments cleared!

It's no defense but I've come to the conclusion that many model railway retailers don't really "get" email; they have no idea how not to sound brusque even if that's not the intention.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

My dealings with this company have not gone smoothly.  I ordered some goods that were not in stock, although there was no indication of this on their site.  Phoned and emailed them to ensure that, given the delay, they would send the goods to an alternative address and....so they sent them to the first address despite assuring me they wouldn't. Maybe it was just a one off.   

Saveric

• 7 months later...

Have ordered from them since the Scotland/ownership move and they are very slow. Ordered over a month ago some retaining walls and have received nothing. Emailed them to inquire where my order is...no reply. I have orderd things from model shops in the afternoon and received them the next morning. Over a month is just not acceptable! A courteous reply would be nice too.

You cant behave like this as a retailer in the I.T. age. I shall cancel and source them elsewhere. Another candidate for the chop!

Have ordered from them since the Scotland/ownership move and they are very slow. Ordered over a month ago some retaining walls and have received nothing. Emailed them to inquire where my order is...no reply. I have orderd things from model shops in the afternoon and received them the next morning. Over a month is just not acceptable! A courteous reply would be nice too.You cant behave like this as a retailer in the I.T. age. I shall cancel and source them elsewhere. Another candidate for the chop!

Before courting any compassion here i would at least try and telephone them before expecting anybody here to "get your back".....

Before courting any compassion here i would at least try and telephone them before expecting anybody here to "get your back".....

Not sure of your meaning "get your back" ? Im quite happy to look after myself. Perhaps a phone call would be in order, but do you seriously think this is an acceptable service in the internet age? I had some trees off them, also, which took about as long, so its not the first time. Ive had bespoke power bogies from Australia in a less time. When they were in the Wales outlet I had no problems with them.

• 7 months later...

Ordered from them on the 24th Sept and chased the order a week later. "Yes, it has been despatched. Oh, hang on. We didn't have enough, so we didn't send it. There will be some in at the end of next week, but we'll be away from the 8th to 15th Oct".   Could you send me what you have got ? " Yes, we'll get that out today".  Well, a week later and I'm still waiting.

Not impressed. Under the Welsh ownership, the service was outstanding.

They were quick enough to take payment.

Edited by JZ

Have they actually got a shop in Helensburgh? If they do , might take a wee trip out. Used to visit Helensburgh regularly when MAC was there.

Had a look on Streetview, it's a residential address.