chris p bacon

Sandy, GN & LNWR, Sandy & Potton Tramway.

2 minutes ago, gr.king said:

Maybe there's still a bit of tubing waiting to be inserted into the spectacles to create the rim??

There is.  I don't have any suitable tube so I've been rolling bits of plasticard ready to insert.

• Like 2

Looking good Dave. When you spoke about the body I hadn't realised it had those changes. When it comes to overall length, etc, is the body the right size for your chassis?

18 minutes ago, JCL said:

is the body the right size for your chassis?

It is.  I drew the chassis to fit the Lima body but with the correct wheelbase. It might be possible to fit it to one of the Wills/K's whitemetal J50's but I haven't tried that yet.

• Like 2

Always a pleasure to pass crap on to someone else, even more of a pleasure to see that crap turned into something as nice as this.

Well done Dave!

Andy G

Edit: I was expecting the auto prude to object to crap, but it obviously doesn't!

Edited by uax6
  • Like 4
  • Funny 1

Interesting to see the cling film in use as a lining for the mould boxes. Apart from sealing gaps between the bricks, that helps to solve the problem that arises from the need for a smooth flat base for the box which does not conveniently attach to the Lego brick sides.

Isn't the silicone usually the rubber-like mould making material, the final rigid castings being some sort of carbon-based polymer such as polyurethane, polyester, "polyol" (whatever that is), or possibly even epoxy?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gr.king said:

Isn't the silicone usually the rubber-like mould making material, the final rigid castings being some sort of carbon-based polymer such as polyurethane, polyester, "polyol" (whatever that is), or possibly even epoxy?

It’s the silicone for the mould that I’m out of, I need to order some more but that means spending money

I use the usual resin for the products