Lima O Gauge 0-4-0 Diesel Shunter

I've had one of these in my attic for a few years and decided recently to sell it on eBay. When I attempted to list it, I got a warning from the eBay administrators not to post a counterfeit item.

So, rather than incur the wrath of eBay and be banned from selling etc, I wonder if anyone can confirm if Lima did in fact produce the 0-4-0 shunter in BR blue and, if so, is there anything, i.e. mark etc, which will identify the item is genuine?

Thanks for your help.

hi yes, I had/have one...bought way back in the 1970's....a 4-wheeled diesel shunter, blue with BR arrows, but I cannot recall what number was displayed. The drive was the Lima motor bogie as used in their other [bo-bo] locos.

List it without the D???? number?

On the underside, should be cast the words 'Lima' and 'Italy'?

• RMweb Gold

Definitley a common finish as I've seen several, looks like D2852 from a quick image search of Lima O Gauge diesel on google. That counterfeit warning is a bit weird as I've had it listing genuine Corgi items too and the description was right off the box. I think it's more they've had a few problems on similar items that it flags it up. Just keep the description accurate for the model and as you know it's Lima then you're not claiming something it's not. Using terms like finished in blue rather than suggesting it's possibly a rare variant should keep things safe.

Hi, I also can confirm that it is genuine, I to have one and on DCC its numbered 52, the last two digits. With a Lenz 1000 chip it runs well and also very slowly, not the 170mph as on DC 12v. I Have two in fact one was damaged and the motor bogie now inhabits an SR 5 car unit made from Triang Big Big coaches in blue and grey, not correct to any prototype but a good runner agian with a Lenz 1000 chip, especially on the club DC layout as the unit is tamed by the chip.

regards

mike g

I think you may find the warning is a general one, rather than specific to that particular model. I remember getting that same warning a few times a few years ago when they changed my trading status. The message had nothing specific to do with what I was selling at the time.

Archived