Bachmann 150/1 Original Provincial Livery - They're here!

Trains4U

Trains4U have commissioned a run of 500 OO scale 150/1 DMUs in the original Provincial Livery.

file.php?id=95559

All 50 class 150/1s were delivered in this livery between 1985 and 1986.

The original thread for this topic can be found Here on the old RMWeb forum.

The Bachmann model carries modifications to the front end of the unit, most noticably, the removal of bodywork cowlings beneath the steps on the cab front.

The chosen unit, 150135 is one of a small number that retained this livery after the modifications were made

see evidence of 150135 at Doncaster in 1992.

These models are available now for GBP 95.00 each + GBP 4.00 P&P per order.

Delivery is due Thursday 11th March.

NEWS 10/03/2010

They've Arrived!

The class 150s will be delivered to us tomorrow - so cards will be charged, calls will be made and models shipped over the next couple of weeks, starting tomorrow!

Sound models will be following in two to three weeks time.

Photos of the production model will be up in the next day or two.

Production

NEWS 16/12/2009

Production

Today is the ex-factory date given by Bachmann. So with luck, all 504 have been produced and will soon be on their way from China.

Sound fitted

I am pleased to say that we are able to offer a small number of these units with sound on board. Working in conjunction with Olivia's Trains these units will be available ready fitted with Olivia's Trains class 150 recording.

These will be expected to retail for approximately GBP 190.00 - If you want one, let me know soon as numbers are very strictly limited.

Livery Sample

The following images show the pre production model.

Please note that this is not the final version and the following modifications are being made;

The bottom band of grey - painted in Regional Railways silver-grey on the livery sample, is being replaced with the correct Intercity Executive Light Grey (As on the lower band of Intercity liveried carriages)

The white stripe indicating the parcels area is being made thicker so the bottom of the stripe is in line with the rain strips.

file.php?id=95921

A little more black paint is being added around the bottom of the cab front on the inside, so that no turquoise is shown.

file.php?id=95922

file.php?id=95560

file.php?id=95553

file.php?id=95554

file.php?id=95555

file.php?id=95556

file.php?id=95557

file.php?id=95558

file.php?id=95561

file.php?id=95562

file.php?id=95563

The turquoise (Provincial light blue) looks very bright out of the box, but looks much the same as the 142 and railmatch provincial light blue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have confirmed the detail of the sound modules with Olivia's Trains (Who will be supplying the sound files)

The cost of sound fitted examples is confirmed at GBP 190.00

It is a little more than the original estimate, but the increase is unavoidable.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad you like it!

Oddly, I still haven't seen one yet! - I was in Essex overnight - but I'll get my mitts on one this evening.

I've been assured by my Father that all of the changes have been made, including the application of executive light grey instead of Regional Silver Grey on the lower bodysides.

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Bachmann-32-925Z-Special-Edition-Class-150-DMU-1985_W0QQitemZ170467910454QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Trains_Railway_Models?hash=item27b0ade336

Cheeky bleeder, especially asking £125.00

I've asked them to remove my copyright images from their listing, seeing as they didn't ask for permission.

And listed 15 of my own, at the right price...

• Like 1

Just seen this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item27b0ade336

I've asked them to remove my copyright images from their listing, seeing as they didn't ask for permission.

Hi Gareth, I've seen this item on twice now, glad you have stuffed him though with listing yours at the right price.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just seen this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item27b0ade336

Looks like blatant profiteering to me - disgraceful.

I wish there were some way of putting these rip-off merchants out of business permanently.

I know I'm not alone - I believe ModelRail published some correspondence about stuff like this a while back.

I can't remember details, but I think this sort of scum have been known to bulk buy special edition stuff at exhibitions (done so clubs can raise funds) - then wait until genuine collectors and other enthusiasts can't get them - finally drip feeding them onto ebay at rip-off prices. (Unfortunately, some people are prepared to pay their prices.)

In short, they're a bit like the ticket touts that stitch up genuine supporters at football matches.

I wish there were some way of getting ebay to permanently ban these guys - unfortunately, the chances of that happening are probably on the interesting side of zero.

Gareth did pretty much everything he was able to in the circumstances: getting a listing modified due to copyright infringement.

I imagine that anyone with any nous would know that these are available from Trains4U and check for shop availability before weighing-in with an offer, it's not the first time this has been listed, as was said above. I think that in the overall scheme of things this is a lesser ethical issue than the exhibition bulk-buyers. Incidentally, the most recent example of that discussed on RMWeb3 was the First ScotRail 158s. Funnily enough, if you check the seller's other items - lo and behold - there's one of them too!

• Like 1

I've got no real issue with people re-selling the models, but as I still have about 200 left in stock, it seems a bit pointless trying to sell at over-inflated prices just yet...

My beef is more with the cheeky use of my imagery - from this forum!

And its not even of the production model, but the pre-production sample - so the pictures don't reflect the product on sale.

Oh, and describing it as new, when it is infact secondhand, but unused.

I wouldn't go so far as to describe them as scum though. I'm sure if any of us thought we could make a profit on something, we would do the same.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've got no real issue with people re-selling the models, but as I still have about 200 left in stock, it seems a bit pointless trying to sell at over-inflated prices just yet...

My beef is more with the cheeky use of my imagery - from this forum!

And its not even of the production model, but the pre-production sample - so the pictures don't reflect the product on sale.

Oh, and describing it as new, when it is infact secondhand, but unused.

I wouldn't go so far as to describe them as scum though. I'm sure if any of us thought we could make a profit on something, we would do the same.

Succinctly put Gareth, as ever cool.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi Gareth,

I did send a PM the other day but I am not sure if it's working as I have sent a few this week and had no reply.

I was wondering if you have any 150s left as I have been thinking about getting one for a while now, but haven't had cash.

Also do you remove VAT as I live in Australia.

Many thanks Peter.

• 10 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/02/2021 at 21:01, russellwar said:

@Trains4U just fired mine up today and after nearly 10 years in a box, it runs a treat. However do you have a copy of the sounds and function keys still? Can’t find the paperwork 

Russell

Sorry does anyone have a copy of the functions for this unit please??

@Trains4U??

Thank you