Societies

Gauge O Guild

2mm Scale Society

Missenden Railway Modellers

Pendon Museum

Scalefour Society

Scale 7 Society

S Scale Society

Nothing like getting in early as there is still 50 weeks to go before the show.

Having a thread on the show started now allows people advance notice of the show, including dates what layouts are in attendence etc. as the months go by I will add more info such as traders.

I can assure you next years show will come round quicker than you might think.

Compaire this approach with the Chatham show which I think is very soon and were there is no thread or any other web presence for this years show!

David

Having a thread on the show started now allows people advance notice of the show, including dates what layouts are in attendence etc. as the months go by I will add more info such as traders.

I can assure you next years show will come round quicker than you might think.

Compaire this approach with the Chatham show which I think is very soon and were there is no thread or any other web presence for this years show!

David

Hi David,

I started a thread for the Chatham show, which is this weekend (09-10 June) and tried to put as much details as possible from their website, but as I have pointed out, I am not a member of their club, but will be stewarding at the show on the Sunday. I do agree with you regarding keeping show threads fully updated as the year goes along, as i try and do with the Tonbridge show threads.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Can I reserve 6 seats at the Hop Pole on Saturday evening please !

We went to the Broad Leys where we had our own marquee and bar plus barrel of real ale for this years Saturday night bash as the Hop Pole landlords were going on holiday and could not cater for sixty plus Railex bods, so not too sure if it will be the Broad Leys or Hop Pole next year, at alhough a number of us did the Hop Pole on Friday night for a beer or two, and Penlan and his team went Saturday night to the Hop as they liked the Friday night visit.

Layouts are coming thick and fast as now Chris Nevard has confirmed he is bringing Polbrock to Railex 2013

David

Leicester South (GC) will be worth the trip and the admission price on its own. And it will be right next to the line that saw some of the trains modelled on the layout, such as the South Yorkshireman and the southbound Master Cutler (northbound it went via High Wycombe).

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I vote for a return to the Hop Pole

Jerry

Richard & Lisa are leaving the Hop Pole next month so it depends who takes over and if they can accomodate us, whatever the situation I will try and ensure we have a good Saturday night do for the exibitors and traders as I want those who stay over to enjoy the whole Railex weekend not just the time we are open to the public.

David

• RMweb Gold

Richard & Lisa are leaving the Hop Pole next month so it depends who takes over and if they can accomodate us, whatever the situation I will try and ensure we have a good Saturday night do for the exibitors and traders as I want those who stay over to enjoy the whole Railex weekend not just the time we are open to the public.

David

Thanks David,

should have added that Broad Leys was very good, just not quite the 'range' of the Hop Pole!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Heres a sample of Bucks Hills quality scenics to be seen.A video or two as well although the camerawork leaves a lot to be desired.Its not me on commentary either. :O The stock especially the wagons and brown vehicles are superb.

post-126-0-84070100-1351771107_thumb.jpg

I have a gut feeling this years show will be one of the better Railex I have organised, not too sure what it is but think it will be something special, 2008 was the last time when the mix worked really well for me. It's not that I think we have ever had bad show, its just that some just have more wow factor.

I am just worried how I am going to fit eveything in as we has some huge layouts in 2013

David

If the tread mills and the go nowhere bikes etc were moved out side there will be another room you could use. This might happen :protest: because these people who can't :training: .

There are other rooms we could use, but there would be extra costs if we hired them, and I do think it is better to keep every thing contained within one hall.

David

• 1 month later...

I have been putting the floor plan together for Railex and lets just say it's been a bit of a squeeze this year in fitting everything in, with Bucks Hill, Heyside, Fencehouses and Leister South all being very big, I have had to drop the demo tables, although we may have something special on our club stand to make up for it! 

I have had to postpone having Aylesbury High Street to 2014 as with all the other layouts I can't fit it in.

In my opinion I think Railex 2013 will be the best I have put together.

David

• 5 weeks later...

Archived