Railex 2013 Aylesbury 25th & 26th May

David Bigcheeseplant

Eskmuir (4mm OO) Not seen at a major exhibition in the south either

I have ammended the list above, yet another reason to come along to Railex.  

Maybe it is because of the type of show or the way I can twist people arms that I am able to get layouts out of peoples homes along to Railex who generally don't exhibit.

• RMweb Gold

I have ammended the list above, yet another reason to come along to Railex.  

Maybe it is because of the type of show or the way I can twist people arms that I am able to get layouts out of peoples homes along to Railex who generally don't exhibit.

On that note, next year will see a particularly rare treat for fans of the old South Western's,  Withered Arm.

Jerry

Railex 2013 Vintage Bus Timetable.pdf

Here is the vintage bus time table, including the Chiltern Railway arrival and departure times, so you can plan you day if using the treain or parking in the Friarscroft car park.

Also we will be selling Railex entry tickets on the bus for the first few bus runs on the Saturday, which hopefully reduce the queue to pay at the cash desk at the stadium. 

A sample of Eskmuir:

That is one excellent video of an exceptionally good layout, should be a good  "Railex"  with  Eskmuir, Heyside & Bucks Hill to mention but 3.

I must confess RMRG nearly always produce very good layouts and an old one I always enjoyed was "Spotland Bridge".

Regards, Derek.

If those who are travelling from afar it is better to park in Friarscroft and get the bus to the show and bring your dear ladies to get lost in town, parking has always been fun at the stadium over the years, so if you are not early please park in town.
I can be heard across the parking areas when the radios do not work stomp.gif
We also have to deal with the lazy sods who use the centre for sport and fitness that live a few 100 metres away and want to drive, dont fear them as I wind them up when they get angry.

Ian G

As Ian has said parking in Frairscroft car park is a good option as you buy tickets on our vintage bus on the Saturday and avoid the queue to buy tickets at the stadium.

For those do do want to park at the stadium we have again the Stoke Mandeville Hospital staff car park for our use. There is also the roads around the Elm Farm shops on the other side of the railway, but please do not block peoples drives etc.

David

Hello

Just to remind you that the competition closes this Saturday that we have setup in conjunction with UK Model Shops, for a chance for you to win one of four adult tickets to Railex.

If you would like to enter click on the link below:

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

For those people who are driving and parking in town and using our vintage bus, we do recommond the multistory Friarscroft car park behind Morrisons which is £3 all day Saturday and £1 on Sunday, and is a very short walk from the station.

As an alternative there is the railway station car park where our vintage bus will depart from this is £4 all day so this may be an option for those who want to park beside the bus stop. 

The multistory Friars square shopping car park is again close to the station but has an hourly charge on Saturday and £1 all day Sunday the two options above are recomended

David

Guest D.J.K.

How ever you want to look at it I have always tried to put on a top notch show with the best layouts I can bring together, many which you are unlikely to see at other shows and also debut new layouts. back this up with possibly the biggest selection of specilist traders.and Railex is a serious modellers show, It may not be as big as Warley or Ally Pally but does that matter.

David

To be honest I don't think you need worry about ratio of trade to layouts, and square footage etc.  Any modeller of consequence in the UK knows what a good show Railex has become and the quality of layouts to be found there. This years line up with Bucks Hill and others looks outstanding.

Now, how can I justify turning my day trip into a weekend???? 

Cheers Dave

My Saturday Steam on the Met tickets have just arrived.

My journey to Railex includes Metropolitan No 1 Neasden - Amersham, Chiltern Amersham - Aylebury, Vintage bus to show.

Rest of the day in the show. Now that's a day out!

Mike Wiltshire

Archived