Railex 2013 Aylesbury 25th & 26th May

David Bigcheeseplant

At the moment, the weekend is still clear for me so it's looking like I'll be able to be there. Unfortunately it's not clear for t'missus, so I'll have to bring the children with me. Cue repeated queries as to where Thomas is! It will also mean I probably won't be able to stay as long as I'd like, as they'll get bored quicker than I do. But it's still better than not coming at all.

At the moment, the weekend is still clear for me so it's looking like I'll be able to be there. Unfortunately it's not clear for t'missus, so I'll have to bring the children with me. Cue repeated queries as to where Thomas is! It will also mean I probably won't be able to stay as long as I'd like, as they'll get bored quicker than I do. But it's still better than not coming at all.

If you come Sunday children get in free.

• RMweb Gold

Only a few days to go, If you are coming for the first time you can buy tickets at th pay desk from around 9am on both days and buy food or breakfast at the cafe, and relax in the balcony and see the show being set up before the show opens at 10.30 Sat and 10.00 Sun

Oh No!

We are gonig to be watched when we set up :O

I am not too sure if people think I put the show together in one week but have had two enquiries this weekend if I still have space to sqeeze their trade stands in!

David

Yes, I get a lot of that in York as well.

Mal

Only a few days to go, I popped down the pub last night where we are doing our Saturday night social they are putting four barrels of real ale on for us this year as the one barrel they gave us last year disapeared in an hour!

Viki is quite excited at being on our bus all weekend and can't choose what to wear but I feel it will be quite retro! We hope to get the bus in to the stadium this year but this is dependent on if the bus can get over the camber in the new approach road other wise it will be by the school again. 

David

Only a few days to go, If you are coming for the first time you can buy tickets at th pay desk from around 9am on both days and buy food or breakfast at the cafe, and relax in the balcony and see the show being set up before the show opens at 10.30 Sat and 10.00 Sun

Pre-match entertainment as well, what more could we ask for? Any chance of some cheerleaders?

I'll be there on the Pendon Museum stand (no. 50 between Hemlock and Tools 2000) on the Saturday. We've got a shiny, new widecreen TV to show new HD footage of The Madder Valley Railway and a driver's eye view of The Vale.

Hoping plenty of RMWebers will stop by and say hello.

Andy

I am not too sure if people think I put the show together in one week but have had two enquiries this weekend if I still have space to squeeze their trade stands in!

I just had a call from Bill Mossop from M B Models and has just let me know that Trevor who ran the stand at exhibitions has died

Coincidence I trust!   RIP Trevor.

Keith

M B Models were with us for all the Railex I have been manager and I am sure they have attended our shows at the Civic Centre, I did think of inviting some of our traders on the waiting list but have decided to use the space to give me a bit of shuffle space as I was a little tight in one area anyway so Pendon may move into the space, all depends what happens when we are setting up tomorrow.

David

• RMweb Premium

I did think of inviting some of our traders on the waiting list but have decided to use the space to give me a bit of shuffle space as I was a little tight in one area anyway

At least you have had some notice of them not being there allowing you time to plan ahead - we were left with a 12ft gap at Derby last week as Wealistic Models of Reading failed to advise us that they couldn't be bothered to turn up which also resulted in a loss of income. We allowed the traders each side to expand into the free space but we left it until half hour before opening time just in case he had been delayed. Guess who's not on the invitation list for next year . . . . . .

Good luck with the show

Mike

• RMweb Gold

I'll be setting sail at silly-o'clock on Sunday, as it's 168 miles each way from here. If previous experience holds good, it'll be worth every yard.

Fortunately, I got a tankful of the cheapest least expensive diesel for months yesterday and most of our usual route is quite enjoyable driving.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Fence Houses (and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool 4mm Southern Region modeller).

John

• RMweb Premium

.....we were left with a 12ft gap at Derby last week as Wealistic Models of Reading failed to advise us that they couldn't be bothered to turn up which also resulted in a loss of income.

Mike

Send them the Bill anyway....their fault not yours, so why should you lose out?  (Though if there were special circumstances such as a bereavement then perhaps a little flexibility may be in order...)

polybear

You could turn this into some sort of play-offs competition. Winner of the final gets the last-minute space.

I did think of that, although I would rather in a future years have a trader who I want to be there, rather than one who can fill the space at the minute and does not bring anything new to the show.

I am thinking of moving Pendon into the space, as when I replaced one layout that had dropped out with Hemlock and at first was only six inches longer than the original layout since booking I found out in fact it had been extended, as the floor plan and programme had been done had to move Pendon 90 degrees to ajust to the new lengh,  but moving Pendon in the space vacated by M B Models does ease the island back to what it was.

David

Send them the Bill anyway....their fault not yours, so why should you lose out?  (Though if there were special circumstances such as a bereavement then perhaps a little flexibility may be in order...)

polybear

We get our traders to pay in advance as it used take a day and a half to collect all the trade stand fees

• RMweb Premium

I know that Alex is considering that especially are there was an unsubstaniated rumour that he had gone somewhere else more local to him. We did have another withdrawal on Friday night with a message that a trader had been taken to hospital although he had warned us in advance that he was going for tests that might result in being kept in - that's unavoidable and we haven't cashed his cheque

We get our traders to pay in advance as it used take a day and a half to collect all the trade stand fees

We do the same and offer those who do a discount - or we charge those on the day a bit more - it's surprising the number who want to pay £30 more to use up their cash on the day rather than issue a cheque - and some of those have been made of rubber in the past !!

Mike

Following a conversation with Mr Nevard last weekend and as we are next door to Polbrook, some missionary work is going to be undertaken in educating him in Northern ways. Followed swiftly by the Saturday evening social!! Could get messy. Still the bags packed and we are ready to roll (Black and Decker Boy, you had better raid your local Morrisons for a half doz of something "Northern")

Archived