Railex 2013 Aylesbury 25th & 26th May

David Bigcheeseplant

• RMweb Premium

Remember this year there is a new direct approach road direct in from the B4443 no more driving round the housing estate, I doubt if sat nav or road signs would have been updated by Railex but we will put our yellow Railex sign to help you. We still recommend car visitors park in the Friars croft car park behind Morrisons and opposite the Aylesbury Depot and catch our vintage bus in, we hope we will be able to bring the bus in to the stadium grounds dependent on if the bus can through, Viki my other half and her friend Suzi will be on the bus selling programmes this year hopefully in matching uniforms!

David

I have visions of Helga from 'Allo 'Allo.

SS

Hi David, is there a floor plan available for the show yet. Very much looking forward to it as usual,

Jerry

Not as yet, I have been away the last couple of weekends but no fear we will post it on here as soon as.

The Friars croft car park we reccomomend is only a short distance from the Morrisons car park and the railway station.

Not too sure the girls on the bus will like the Helga bit, but Viki enjoys doing it and will keep you under control if you mis behave, The people using the bus increases year on year and we hope to do more trips in the first few hours of the show. 

David

I am just converting the floor plan from our working plan with dimensions on to what we use in the programme and post on here, On the plan layouts and trade stands are just marked with a number, now I normally put what name of layout, society or trader corresponds with what number, but I may leave it a while to I post this list and just post the floor pan with only numbers.

All attendees in their final detail pack will know what stand number they are, but won't know any one elses number. So with a bit of detective work you should be able to work out who is located where, maybe I can offer a prize of a free ticket to the first person to correctly work out every stand correctly. Now as a clue I normally group simular scales and interests together, and will have a different colour to show what blocks are layouts, traders and societies. Stand 1 is the Railex information point and stand 2 is the R&D MRC second hand stall, I hopefully will post the plan over the weekend 

David

Well here is the Railex floor plan can you guess who is each number. As from the title of the Beatles B side of Let it be " You know my name look up the number"

David

Here is the list of confirmed numbers

1 Railex Information Point

2 R&DMRC Club Stand

3 R&DMRC Second Hand stand

16 Eileens Emporium

17 Wild Swan

25 Tools 2000

26 Cheltenham Model Centre

29 Alan Gibson

41 Scalefour Society

49 Hemlock

58 Banbury

64 S Scale Society

65 Scale 7

66 Bucks Hill

67 O Gauge Society

69 2mm Scale Society

post-186-0-45204700-1365769683_thumb.jpg

29 Alan Gibson, 17 Wild Swan, 16 Eileene's Emporium as these are their normal stands.

Yes good so far, some free infills for you as I am going to give you the socities

41 Scalefour Society, 64 S Scale Society, 65 Scale 7 Society, 67 O Gauge Society and 69 is the 2mm Society.

Are some of the layout owners on here like Chris Nevard (Polbrook Gurney) and Jerry Clifford (Tucking Mill) and Ian Lampkin (Banbury) going to reveal there numbers!

David

Well, No. 1 will be the Show Information stand as usual.

Spotting the bigger trade stands around the wall is a little easier, but I can't work out where London Road Models is going to be.  Perhaps 12, 14 or 15.

Unfortunately I shan't be able to help out with LRM at Railex this year, as it's foreign holiday time.

Jol

2 R&DMRC Club Stand

16 Eileens Emporium

17 Wild Swan

25 Tools 2000

29 Alan Gibson

41 Scalefour Society

58 Banbury

64 S Scale Society

65 Scale 7

66 Bucks Hill

67 O Gauge Society

69 2mm Scale Society

Well, No. 1 will be the Show Information stand as usual.

Spotting the bigger trade stands around the wall is a little easier, but I can't work out where London Road Models is going to be.  Perhaps 12, 14 or 15.

Unfortunately I shan't be able to help out with LRM at Railex this year, as it's foreign holiday time.

Jol

London Road Models is none of the above

That square at No. 30 should be a triangle in Stealth Bomber black :pilot:

Correct 30 is Crumley and Little Wickhill don't worry the blocks are just that the actual shape is trianular and the layout can be viewed from two if not three sides

2 R&DMRC Club Stand

10 Coopercraft

16 Eileens Emporium

17 Wild Swan

25 Tools 2000

29 Alan Gibson

30 Crumley & Little Wickhill

34 Esmuir

41 Scalefour Society

49 Hemlock

58 Banbury

64 S Scale Society

65 Scale 7

66 Bucks Hill

67 O Gauge Society

68 Fencehouses

69 2mm Scale Society

Ive not seen Tony since this came out, but Eskmuir is  going to be either 68 or 51, looking at the plan I'd hazard a guess at the former!

I will take a guess at Stand 34?? If not I will be setting up in the wrong place!!!

caley 439

Archived