Railex 2013 Aylesbury 25th & 26th May

David Bigcheeseplant

Following a conversation with Mr Nevard last weekend and as we are next door to Polbrook, some missionary work is going to be undertaken in educating him in Northern ways. Followed swiftly by the Saturday evening social!! Could get messy. Still the bags packed and we are ready to roll (Black and Decker Boy, you had better raid your local Morrisons for a half doz of something "Northern")

Not sure they allow that type of thing through the bag searches on the m40 border control stations, these southern types are not built for proper ales or creamy heads.

• RMweb Gold

Those layouts and traders who are attending the evening buffet and social Mr Nevard and Mr Roundhouse we have four barrels of real ale Doombar, Rebellion Smuggler and Rebellion Mutiny waiting for us. last year the one barrel lasted about an hour!

David

I know I have been drinking but I am sure there's a Barrel missing!

PS . No work on the layout tonight.

Those layouts and traders who are attending the evening buffet and social Mr Nevard and Mr Roundhouse we have four barrels of real ale Doombar, Rebellion Smuggler and Rebellion Mutiny waiting for us. last year the one barrel lasted about an hour!

David

We will do our best to make the landlord happy David, like I said, this could get messy. You could do worse than the Liverpool MRS, at their show the best patronised trade stand was a real ale bar set up in the hall .

We will do our best to make the landlord happy David, like I said, this could get messy. You could do worse than the Liverpool MRS, at their show the best patronised trade stand was a real ale bar set up in the hall .

Well Railex is next to the hospital and our evening do is next door to the police station! I am sure you can read into that something!

• RMweb Gold

Yes I heard how good your trade stands are.

Just a shame I couldnt sample it!!

I am hoping to be there on Sunday.

Hopefully with my son, if he can drag himself away

from his X-box and he leaves his attitude at home,

(he is a teenager in training!).

Either way, I am looking forward to it as usual.

Jeff

Hello All

Those of you who are taking the advantage of using the Free Vintage Bus, please can you if possible have the exact change for when you are buying your Railex tickets and programme from the Bus Team, as this will help speed things along.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Have a good show y'all. Went to this one last year and it was great! I'm on "dad" duties this weekend (wife busy) and it'd be a bit of a haul to bring both youngsters along for the day (although I did consider it). Hope all goes well... the exhibitors exhibits behave and are enjoyed and the traders have a worthwhile weekend... and good saturday night  :good:

Fill 'em with absinthe....

Doesn't that,      ' makes the f*rt go Honda? !!

Jeff

Editited for clarity!

Quote   "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Joke punchline  "Abcess makes the f*art go Honda"

Somehow, it looses something in translation! :jester:

Well just returned from Railex which was the best  one whichI have attended. Great to experience the way the hall was opened this morning with at least 3 entrances that served along the queue which worked well.

IMO The whole layout of the hall was better than previous years and the model railway layouts were first class - my favorite was St Ruth really captured the Penzance atmosphere.  A good balance of traders with some bargains to be had.

I admit that I was somewhat skeptical about the Show earlier this year, however I am not ashamed to eat my words and say well done all at Risbourgh MRC for staging such a good event, roll on Railex 2014 !

Nigel

Great show guys...some rateable layouts and trade support. Thoroughly enjoyed the chat with the St Merryn lads, Andy Y, Mike & Brian on Shawplan...Fencehouses very nice...St Ruth ditto. Some great publications on the Wild Swan stand....thanks to Eileens for bringing my order. Long but easy journey, warm sunshine throughout, empty wallet...glass of wine whilst typing this....great day, many thanks to the organisers.

Dave  

Too much talk and too few photos, and those I did take were on my phone so a bit hit and miss. It was possibly the best Railex to date so thanks to David and the team for all their hard work. Heyside, Bucks Hill and Tucking Mill were worth the price of admission alone. Actually, either one of these is worth the price of admission, and many of the other layouts were impressive too.  It was a perfect mix of layouts (in terms of footprint) to trade too. I'll work my way through the photos I've taken, and if any aren't too bad I'll add them here.

So this is Bucks Hill (GWR 1930s) in 7mm. Who needs trains when you've got views like this?  You get drawn into the ambience of the place and then realise there's gentle birdsong and the distant sound of a hammer on an anvil in the forge adding to the sensory mix. None of the sounds are overpowering - walk a few feet away from the layout and the sound has gone. Both Heyside and Bucks Hill were perfect examples of how sound should be presented in an exhibition environment.  Wish I'd taken my DSLR though.

post-6672-0-13704800-1369499666_thumb.jpg

Archived