I got my Corgi Feltham out to look at last night which I motorised a few years ago but never completed and began wondering about the possibility of converting it to P4 (or finer) standards. Has anybody successfully converted one (or the EFE Leeds tram)? The clearances between the bogie frames are very tight and P4 wheels are really too wide for tram wheels but would look better than rather coarse 00 wheels.

I have an etched kit to finish in 4mm scale and was thinking about the best wheel standards to use. People generally recommend OO wheel standards due to the clearance problem - but at the expense of very wide gaps in the track for the flanges.

I was wondering about using 2mm scale wheel standards, as their wheel treads are thinner than P4. You have to join the 2mm Scale Association though, which would be an expensive option for just one tram.

Thanks for the replies. I had considered both options but I doubt if big enough wheels are available in 2mm. I would probably use Electric Avenue track components which are to P87 standards ( although RP25 wheels can run on their flanges using a slightly narrower gauge) so P87 wheels would be a possibility if the right wheel diameters are available.

• 1 month later...

Archived