P.C.M's workbench.

On 19/08/2018 at 14:39, P.C.M said:

Thanks Mate, A lot of the older coaches without NEM pockets have good  old Number 5 s. fitted to the bogie.

Cheers Peter.

Peter having recently returned to RM Web I've managed to go from start to finish on the Llanbourne thread, outstanding layout! My question is regarding fitting kadees to coach bogie, where and how do you attach them? Any chance of some close up shots and anything extra you may use to ensure correct height please?

Cheerz Joel 

19 hours ago, Wummyock said:

Peter having recently returned to RM Web I've managed to go from start to finish on the Llanbourne thread, outstanding layout! My question is regarding fitting kadees to coach bogie, where and how do you attach them? Any chance of some close up shots and anything extra you may use to ensure correct height please?

Cheerz Joel 

Thanks Joel, I will sort a few pics for you. 

Cheers Peter.

Every now and again you come across a thread that you have to go and get a cuppa and new packet of biscuits for, this is one of them.

Truly inspirational modelling, thank you for sharing

Joe

Ta muchly for that Peter, you don't have any trouble with them on the bogies? Ive heard talk of them having to be mounted on the chassis but maybe that's just peoples preferences. Are they all at the correct height for the Kadee height gauge? Are they all No5's?

Ive just had an impulse buying session and acquired 30 Lima PTA's to repaint, retransfer, Cambrian bogies FBT6, re-wheel, fit Kadees and then have a go at weathering… it wouldn't be so bad but I don't even have a layout to put them on at the moment haha! I know Accurascale are bringing them out but I got these pretty ruddy cheap. 

On 16/08/2019 at 03:47, Wummyock said:

Ta muchly for that Peter, you don't have any trouble with them on the bogies? Ive heard talk of them having to be mounted on the chassis but maybe that's just peoples preferences. Are they all at the correct height for the Kadee height gauge? Are they all No5's?

Ive just had an impulse buying session and acquired 30 Lima PTA's to repaint, retransfer, Cambrian bogies FBT6, re-wheel, fit Kadees and then have a go at weathering… it wouldn't be so bad but I don't even have a layout to put them on at the moment haha! I know Accurascale are bringing them out but I got these pretty ruddy cheap. 

No worries Joel, I haven't had any trouble with mounting them on the bogies. My friend mounts his on the chassis and he is happy with that method. It depends on how sharp your curves are too. Experiment with both and see what works for you. The PTA is a shorter wagon so mounting on the chassis might be worth a try. All my couplers are mounted at the correct height using the Kadee height gauge. The 2nd and 3rd pic so a cheap rip of version of the Kadee number 5. I pick up a packet cheap and thought I would give them a try but 99% of my couplers are Kadee's. of various types.

Cheers Peter.

• 3 weeks later...