Metrolink now running to Oldham

Savoyard

I have just been taking some photos at the old Oldham Central Station site and Oldham Werneth Station site.

I'de have been doing that at one time. History in the making! Wish I was in Oldham today but not possible. Still, it will be interesting going down Union Street by tram.

• RMweb Gold

Just got back having dusted off the anorak and taken some photos and videos of the Mumps to Werneth section.

Here is a quick video of two trams crossing at Oldham Mumps. I believe 3057 will be the last tram to run in passenger service on this section at 0142 tomorrow morning from Mumps.

I was showing Mrs coach your videos. She was born in Waterhead and didn't recognise any landmarks! I thought the tram was climbing the 1-in-27 Werneth Incline from Middleton Junction because of the caption Chadderton to Derker so I'm as bad. Looks great and very smooth from the tram but its not exactly getting me rushing out to take trackside shots with all that overhead spagetti. Thanks for posting Peter.  :imsohappy:

1)Werneth

2)same

3)Hollinwood

4)same

5)What was Central Station

6)same

7)same

8)Werneth

9)same

10)same

11)Featherstall Rd overbridge, new route to rear

12)Mumps from South

13)Mumps from North

Those are my guesses, what do I win?

Its closed now and the track is being removed through the tunnels, will the overhead poles be used on the new airport line?

And what will happen to that old footbridge near to where Clegg Street parcels depot was?

Spent a lot of time on that bridge as a boy and belted across it for over a year when commuting into Manchester 1958-9 always late for the morning train.

Archived