'A spring morning at Egloshayle.'

Peter Jordan

I haven't been on the forum for quite a while, but it has been suggested that folk here might be interested in my latest offering.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been working on a fairly extensive video of operations with my 4mm scale 1950's North Cornwall layout 'Egloshayle.' This is now completed and has been uploaded to 'YouTube.' You can view the first part of this five-part video here:

Part 1 on 'YouTube' does include some explanatory notes on the screen page, and these also serve as notes for all of the five parts. As the video has an explanatory commentary all the way through, I didn't feel it necessary to provide notes for every part.

I hope that you enjoy the video - it shows the interest engendered by operating a model railway in a prototypical manner rather than just 'watching trains go round.'

Peter Jordan

I enjoyed that very much, both entertaining and informative, it must have taken you some time to compile and edit that so professionally. Thanks for posting.

I also spotted on YouTube your Egoshayle - an explanation of the signalling. I'll be watching this at the weekend - and very timely it is too as I'm currently reading an article in the Model Railway Journal on 'Miniature Block Instruments' - but in a quick skim of the video earlier I noticed LSWR/SR signalling is specifically mentioned - which is more pertinent for me.

Peter,

Loved the video and the modelling, first class.

Very evocative of the "Withered Arm".

What turntable did you use, is it scratch built ?

Eddie

Thanks for your kind words, Eddie. No, the turntable is not scratch-built - it is a Peco turntable motorized with a Frizinghall unit. However I did scratch-build and add the side platform with the vacuum tractor.

peter Jordan

Peter,

Thank you for the TT information. It didnt look like the Peco unit which is why i asked. I bought a Traintronics TT more than twenty years ago. It is a model of the SR 70 ft type so perfect for me. Finally managed to get around to installing it a week or so ago !

Do you plan to describe and detail any particular aspects of the layout (such as the engine shed). I am sure that it would be of interest to us Southern Modellers.

Eddie

• 3 months later...

Archived