Fair Price Models

trains12

Hi All

I thought the members might like this small supplier that I found the other week. One of the items that they produce is coach connections. These are made from black heavy duty paper and are cocertina'd and fit on to the ends of the coach by means of a small double sided sticky pad.

If your stock is using a close type coupling ,i.e. like the Bachmann pipe couplings, then you only need to fit one connection on one end but if using the old standard coupling then one at each end is needed. They can also be fitted to DMU/EMU stock.

A packet of 12 connections (enough for either 6 or 12 coaches) and ample sticky pads are provided for a cost of £2.85 post free or if 5 packs are ordered then you get one free pack as well.

The site is at www.fairpricemodels.co.uk.

For the value these are a great addition to your stock and fill the gap between the coaches. The only slight problem I have found is that on some coaches that have the rubber type connections fitted to the stock, the sticky tape doesn’t seem to hold very well. A drop of super glue overcomes this. Overall a good 10 out of 10 for them.

Below are some shots of the stock before and after fitting.

The firm also makes station signs and enamel signs which are down loadable from their web site, after a nominal payment, which you can print out at your leisure. These are really good as well.

Happy modelling

Peter

post-6915-0-13876300-1339664993.jpg

post-6915-0-80492900-1339665000.jpg

post-6915-0-62971300-1339665009.jpg

post-6915-0-24967900-1339665019.jpg

post-6915-0-50203200-1339665026.jpg

post-6915-0-33238000-1339665032.jpg

post-6915-0-78115200-1339665039.jpg

post-6915-0-94067800-1339665046.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Our range of Model Railway Products is increasing all the time.

We currently have Pre-Made Gangways for N gauge & 00 Gauge

Our 00 Gauge range currently is

Railroad Pullman
Railroad Gresley
Super Detail Pullman
Super Detail Gresley
Mk1
Mk2
Mk3
Mk4
Clerestory
Bullied
Maunsell

Coming this weekend 18/9/16

Hornby / Bachmann DMU 101
Bachmann 108

Our N Gauge range currently is
Mk1
Mk2
Mk3
Mk4
Dapol Gresley
Minitrix Gresley
Collett
Hawksworth
Stanier

Bullied 

We also make servo mounts, Servos are becoming an increasingly popular way of Operating points/turnouts and semaphore signals, due to their low cost

Our first servo mount allows you to mount a servo under your baseboard and has room for adding a  micro switch to allow for polarity change.

3 new servo mounts to allow the use of multiple servos on one fitting for semaphore signals

Our fully dedicated website will be up & running soon http://fairpricemodels.co.uk

Edited by steammad

New semaphore Signal Servo Mounts now Available,  Gangways for Hornby Centenary Coaches, Bachmann  class 108 101 & Hornby 101 DMUs plus Graham Farish Bullied Coaches now available.

The next set of Gangways to be added will be,,, 00 Guage Lima Mk1s & Hornby GWR Composite Collett Coaches ( Railroad Type) Available from 25/9/16

fairpricemodels.co.uk

• 5 months later...

Purely by chance I've just recently come across the "fair price models" corridor connections on that well-known auction site.  Didn't know quite what to expect but they sounded OK & at the price seemed worth a punt.

Well, what can I say?  I know things like this are very subjective, but personally I think they're excellent value for money.

For around 30p per coach (or per pair of coaches) they fill that tell-tale gap between the vehicles & look so much more realistic.

I know they won't suit everyone, but an absolute bargain in my book.

Basically they're nothing more than heavy-grade black paper cut & formed to size/shape - which any of us should be able to do - but at the price it isn't worth even considering the effort of producing your own.

There are lots of different versions, each designed to fit different types of r-t-r stock, but all work in the same way.  A spot of adhesive of some sort & off you go.  That's it.

Attached photos show the gangways connected to a pair of Hornby Maunsell p-p coaches on Tormouth Quay.

post-11812-0-23458900-1489286086_thumb.jpg

post-11812-0-40917600-1489286162_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Our range of Model Railway Products is increasing all the time.

We currently have Pre-Made Gangways for N gauge & 00 Gauge

Our 00 Gauge range currently is

Railroad Pullman
Railroad Gresley
Super Detail Pullman
Super Detail Gresley
Mk1
Mk2
Mk3
Mk4
Clerestory
Bullied
Maunsell

Hornby / Bachmann DMU 101
Bachmann 108

Our N Gauge range currently is
Mk1
Mk2
Mk3
Mk4
Dapol Gresley
Minitrix Gresley
Collett
Hawksworth
Stanier

Bullied 

We also make servo mounts, Servos are becoming an increasingly popular way of Operating points/turnouts and semaphore signals, due to their low cost

Our first servo mount allows you to mount a servo under your baseboard and has room for adding a  micro switch to allow for polarity change.

3 new servo mounts to allow the use of multiple servos on one fitting for semaphore signals

Our fully dedicated website will be up & running soon http://fairpricemodels.co.uk

Hi

I could not find any for the Bullied and Maunsell one on your site?.

Darren

Hi

I could not find any for the Bullied and Maunsell one on your site?.

Darren

Darren  -  should find them on ebay under seller fair-price-models.  If not, try a pm on RMWeb to steammad.

PS  got another couple of photos for you of Weymouth MPD back in 1960-whatever when I get round to posting them for you.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Good afternoon, just rec'd some laser cut Gauge O kits from Fair Price Models, no instructions included. I searched modelrailwaystation.com where the kit says the instructions would be located. No Joy so far.

Just wondered if anyone has anymore upto date information on the company, these kits seem very good on first inspection.

ATB Chris

On 26/08/2020 at 13:04, chrisjward said:

Good afternoon, just rec'd some laser cut Gauge O kits from Fair Price Models, no instructions included. I searched modelrailwaystation.com where the kit says the instructions would be located. No Joy so far.

Just wondered if anyone has anymore upto date information on the company, these kits seem very good on first inspection.

ATB Chris

https://modelrailwaystation.com/pdf/

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have too recently discovered this little company. I bought some Bulleid and Maunsell Gangway Bellows 4mm to see what they were like. They were BRILLIANT and so I bough a load of others as I needed all sorts as I have many Regions'  Coaches of various Diagrams. There are no huge wings sticking out and the fitting is simples; I use a couple of dabs of Pritt on the Coach itself and sometimes only need one Coach with a Bellows and the adjoining Coach with a Blank Plate (neat, Bachman short couplings as supplied). The gap is suitably filled and looks absolutely fine for my needs.

Highly recommended.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/fairpricemodels

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
EBay address