If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Been lurking for a few days....

Reitbok

I grew up with model railways as, in addition to the usual Hornby on the carpet, my Father had an OO gauge layout in a garden shed that I was sometimes allowed to run. It had a loop of track about 40' long in the garden and I remember having school friends round in the holidays when I could run my 'horrible blue box diesels'. Other hobbies have come and gone over the years but I have always returned to model railways and have usually had a project 'on the go'. I have dabbled in most scales and gauges including a 16mm garden layout that took all summer to build and an afternoon to rip up when we moved. A visit to see relatives in the USA had me starting an N scale layout as soon as returned. I quickly changed to HO and this has been my main focus ever since. I have not forgotten my roots though and also have a small 'BR blue era' layout under construction.

I suspect that like many modellers my main problem is not lack of inspiration but too much; shall I model this..., no this would be good...., wait what about...

• RMweb Premium

Hi there

Welcome aboard - this is one of the best places on the web for inspiration, ideas, and encouragement. Enjoy your stay with us.

Regards

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

A warm welcome from me too.

Don't forget to post some piccies as 00 is more commonly modelled here and HO will be just that little bit different.

Kev

Archived