Graham farish a1 tornado

Sorry it's me again.

I just bourght myself an a1 graham farish tornado it a great loco and the detail is amazing. It's just keeps wheel spinning on a load of 4 carriges. It runs fine on it's own and I have taken it back to the shop and got a new one but it's still doing the same. This is the only one that does it every other engine works fine.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Yes, swap the tender wheelsets for the spare traction tyred ones that come with it. Makes a lot of difference, and give it a good running in, slowly increase the load and it will get there eventually, mine has only got better with running in!

I have already put on the extra traction tyer on it has improved it a little where did everyone put it. I havnt ran it in I will give it a go tonight. I have ordered some spare traction tyers I will give that ago.

Glad to know I'm not alone.

I have been doing some tinkering tonight and run it in for an hour each way and moved the traction wheel around and it seems to work fine. Thanks for all your help I have put it away and on to the next thing so this want be the last you hear from me.

• 4 years later...

Yes, swap the tender wheelsets for the spare traction tyred ones that come with it. Makes a lot of difference, and give it a good running in, slowly increase the load and it will get there eventually, mine has only got better with running in!

I've just purchased a Farish A1 & am experiencing the same problems with traction so after reading this forum I removed the rear wheelsets on the tender & replaced them with the ones with the tyres on but my problems are now compounded in that one of the tyres keeps coming off whilst running but worse still the square bronze fittings wont stay in place making the wheelset constantly loose, is there some some knack to how they fit as the one's I haven't touched are in very firmly?

Archived