Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Fictitious liveries - models, not Photoshopped!

JDW

• RMweb Premium

There are plenty of pictures out there of photoshopped fictitious liveries, but whilst searching ebay earlier, was reminded of one I've wanted to have a go at for years - a Res liveried class 50. Dunno why, it just seems plausible and I think it could look good. There must be others out there who have, or would like to see, a livery on an unusual model, anyone else willing to share their thoughts or their own efforts? I have some photos somewhere of an Arriva-liveried (original Class 153 style, blue with cream doors) Dapol Railbus I built years ago, I'll try and dig them out, and have recently been pondering a Northern or Northern Spirit Class 110, I have a feeling the Northern colours could suit it quite well...

Anyone else got any thoughts?!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I did a Lima 47 into Connex SouthCentral livery some years ago, still got it about somewhere and have a picture of it but can I find either? Nope!!

Have done a Limby 47 in yellow/red 'Satlink' livery though:

post-6910-0-17904500-1339941846_thumb.jpg

Not quite finished yet but I needed something to haul around all those Model Rail wagons!!

• Like 4

Many years ago I converted a HST power car into a DVT (similar to as used on ECML) before Mk IV days. It was had the Scotrail version of Intercity grey livery (red strip replaced by blue). I might still have it unless I scrapped it along with the rest of the HST's.

• RMweb Premium

I did a Lima 47 into Connex SouthCentral livery some years ago, still got it about somewhere and have a picture of it but can I find either? Nope!!

Have done a Limby 47 in yellow/red 'Satlink' livery though:

post-6910-0-17904500-1339941846_thumb.jpg

Not quite finished yet but I needed something to haul around all those Model Rail wagons!!

That looks quite good actually, with numbers etc added, and a bit of weathering, it should really look the part!

• Agree 1

I've often thought that an interesting layout would be a 'steam in the late 70s' effort, with various BR standards in corporate blue and large logo. Someone may have already done this and no doubt a link will be posted up shortly :)

With the Railroad range (eg, 9F) it could be done on a reasonable budget as well, if anyone gets a bit wobbly about respraying a Bachmann 9F.

When the railways were first privatised and in theory anyone with enough money could run trains, I painted up a Lima Deltic in pink with yellow spots, with a couple of matching coaches, in "Blobby Rail" livery.

Not entirely sure what happend to it, to be honest.

• RMweb Premium

I started painting my silver fox kestrel in br blue with small yellow panels never got round to finishing it tho

I have been toying with doing my "Silverfox Falcon" in regiomal railways liver but have not got very far with it yet.

Terry

• RMweb Premium

Once did a pair of Triang Dock shunters in Railfreight red stripe and unbelievably just found one of the bodyshells in a drawer next to my workbench.......

post-408-0-31217700-1340058742_thumb.jpg

I was intending detailing it with turned brass buffers and pipework

I really must not have 20+ year old model projects lying around.......

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Not mine, but saw these at the Basingstoke show in March:

These were actually featured in Model Rail (show and tell section) not to long ago, although I can't seem to find my copy of the issue.

When rail privatisation was being mooted I supposed how things might look if North american ideas on livery were to be imported over here and if the old Caley name was reivived on some Anglo-Scottish trains. Looks like Virgin thought along similar lines later on........

post-6680-0-48485100-1340209558.jpg

• Like 18

Cochmann, was it you who did a HST in blue with large yellow ends? was in the back of a magazine in the early 90s I

Cochmann's a new name... :O I was asked by the editor or Railway Magazine to do it to see what the HST's would have looked like if they had carried standard rail blue livery, so maybe that is the picture you have seen. Edited by coachmann