Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Fictitious liveries - models, not Photoshopped!

JDW

8 hours ago, simon b said:

Looks great, I'm surprised that it hasn't happened on the real thing yet.

Would be nice to see Class 58s back out and about again, but I’m not sure if it’ll ever happen. This isn’t the last Colas neverwazza I’ve got planned, as it’ll be joined by a 31, 90 and 92 at some point. Given GBRF livery has been seen on a 50, it would be interesting to see it in orange, yellow and black :O

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/07/2020 at 08:58, Vanguard 5374 said:

Would be nice to see Class 58s back out and about again, but I’m not sure if it’ll ever happen. This isn’t the last Colas neverwazza I’ve got planned, as it’ll be joined by a 31, 90 and 92 at some point. Given GBRF livery has been seen on a 50, it would be interesting to see it in orange, yellow and black :O

GBRF class 58 in detail is somewhere on my list of things to do. I did do a Railroad model before but sold it on. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 1987 I repainted a Hornby Western into Inter City colours. It featured in Railway Modeller, I think I did it to mark the tenth anniversary of their final demise. One of the reasons I decided to do it was because I had a set of plastic name and number plates from a Trix Western and could change the number to 52004 using Slaters moulded numbers which I also had to hand. Don't you find that some things just beg to be done like that?! 

I still have the bodyshell in good order and the plates, and if I can find a cheap donor for all other parts I may yet put it back together. Previously contemplated Warship in NSE livery (as if still on the Wateloo - Exeters) and Hymek in Railfreight Red Stripe colours are now unlikely as it's not my era so I don't have the paint or transfers (I was lucky with the Western, a friend asked me to repaint a couple of Hornby Class 47s in IC and ScotRail colours and provided the paint, so I 'borrowed' some......!)

• Like 6

I fancied the Heljan ex-GWR 1366 small pannier tanks, but couldn't justify one at the asking prices, until a few came out as bargains. I didn't care what livery it came in because my plans included repainting it to join my small industrial fleet. Thus, a GWR liveried example arrived, and ran perfectly on test, so got painted into BR express steam blue. I have left the original number plates on it at present, rather than adding my own custom plates (from Narrow Planet). It will gain a name after I do some white lining (LNER style). I think the blue suits it rather well.

It is seen here on my German Christmas train, which is also gaining a few fictional liveries.

50060992116_6022004276_k.jpg
1366 PT and Christmas Train in July - cropped 1 by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

50192125052_5e4c2a3f72_k.jpg
P_20200805_224802_vHDR_Auto by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

Edited by SRman
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

5 hours ago, Marcyg said:

My Electra style HST power car. Videos of this have been doing the rounds on Twitter for a while. Shes just been upgraded with bogies and central motor from a full fat Hornby HST

DSC00412.JPG

DSC00413.JPG

that really is an awesome looking power car

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Dan Griffin said:

that really is an awesome looking power car

Agreed- that chap who owns LSL over in Crewe has a penchant for that livery and owns some HST's, perhaps someone should forward the pics of this model to him :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 05/09/2020 at 14:34, Marcyg said:

My Electra style HST power car. Videos of this have been doing the rounds on Twitter for a while. Shes just been upgraded with bogies and central motor from a full fat Hornby HST

DSC00412.JPG

DSC00413.JPG

Now that does look impressive! I am wondering about the buffer fitted ones, that did match the class 91 on sets, but could see me going for this idea too. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I saw this on the stand of a second-hand trader doing the rounds in the Midlands back in 2014.

Also seen an Intercity one and a Regional Railways 45, still searching for photos of those.

IMAG1212.jpg

The regional railways peak and Intercity Western featured in a model rail mag many moons ago.

Also featured was a freightliner class 59. now freightliner own the 59's!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2020 at 10:44, The Black Hat said:

Meanwhile the next model I have done is:

Something novel,
Something new,
Something retro,
Something blue...

Just a bit of an update on this one having finally downloaded some pictures. Will get one of it sat on a chassis soon. 

20200124_204456.jpg.37d52bb12ec0fb11d2a1ff47178be0b6.jpg

(Can bet someone on facebook / ebay / this forum suddenly might look at this and copy this idea...)

• Like 11

• 3 months later...

Not liveried yet. But likely to be Intercity or possibly two tone grey. 
So got loads of Hornby MK4 DVTs undecorated shells and under frames. The idea being a hybrid battery / diesel / electric MLV or Loco / Shunter type sumink. :unknw_mini:

BAC293E4-2BBE-44AC-A93A-CC6F8E92393E.png.131698f5415b16f2644fb45a51d8390e.png

B4304DA5-82E3-4C0C-971C-F14C80F7D79C.png.fc3bfacd74a23632020b0a1fe50bc0c2.png

A6612BCF-D34E-4C77-B000-12432F6EE522.jpeg.eecd428d3c4e71eb2a3187e585b3fd9c.jpeg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Grizz said:

Not liveried yet. But likely to be Intercity or possibly two tone grey. 
So got loads of Hornby MK4 DVTs undecorated shells and under frames. The idea being a hybrid battery / diesel / electric MLV or Loco / Shunter type sumink. :unknw_mini:

A6612BCF-D34E-4C77-B000-12432F6EE522.jpeg.eecd428d3c4e71eb2a3187e585b3fd9c.jpeg

Interesting idea. I like the chopped off nose on the left - makes it look a bit more plausible I think, rather than a fully streamlined nose end for a battery-loco-shunter-sumink.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JDW said:

Interesting idea. I like the chopped off nose on the left - makes it look a bit more plausible I think, rather than a fully streamlined nose end for a battery-loco-shunter-sumink.

Cheers for the feed back JDW. I thought the same, aerodynamics are not exactly a must have on a battery-loco-shunter-sumink. Also looking at the class 68 it has a sloped front of cab at the top, but blunt cab front at the bottom. I kinda took my inspiration from that, although it is not exactly the same. The biggest issue I have is, despite having loads of body shells and under frames, I don’t have any glazing and it is almost impossible to get any. Don’t think anyone ever produced flush glazing for the Hornby MK4 DVT. 

4443B0B3-A7D4-4373-A9AF-1E09C087D4D3.jpeg.5d53efb3d75c2c51f04f0ad095965742.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Cheers for the feed back JDW. I thought the same, aerodynamics are not exactly a must have on a battery-loco-shunter-sumink. Also looking at the class 68 it has a sloped front of cab at the top, but blunt cab front at the bottom. I kinda took my inspiration from that, although it is not exactly the same. The biggest issue I have is, despite having loads of body shells and under frames, I don’t have any glazing and it is almost impossible to get any. Don’t think anyone ever produced flush glazing for the Hornby MK4 DVT. 

Something like an old CD case might be a good bet, nice and stiff and easy to shape? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDW said:

Something like an old CD case might be a good bet, nice and stiff and easy to shape? 

Nice one JDW, I wouldn’t have thought of that, must have one somewhere. Might make it a single screen rather than the original DVT split screen. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Nice one JDW, I wouldn’t have thought of that, must have one somewhere. Might make it a single screen rather than the original DVT split screen. 

I've seen it suggested before but only thought of it because I happened to read it on another thread yesterday! 

Yes, good idea, or paint the dividing bar onto the glazing. 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2017 at 23:15, Corbs said:

Over on the NGRM forum, 'TVLR' has done this rather lovely P2.

22705837169_36c40e4052_z.jpg

Haha cheers for posting this here! I ought to get better photos of it, I'm still very proud of this repaint and I want to do more Express Blue repaints. Reading this thread gave me some ideas...

One that I did some time after this was a freelance livery Dean Sidings SECR P class that I built between 2015(?) and 2019. I wanted something akin to Bluebell but not quite...

48742446458_315be2b89d_b.jpg

Edited by TVLR
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1