Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Fictitious liveries - models, not Photoshopped!

JDW

On 02/01/2021 at 21:13, TVLR said:

Haha cheers for posting this here! I ought to get better photos of it, I'm still very proud of this repaint and I want to do more Express Blue repaints. Reading this thread gave me some ideas...

I do love the express blue livery, what paint do you use for yours? 

• Like 1

On 08/01/2021 at 14:00, Luke123 said:

I do love the express blue livery, what paint do you use for yours? 

I used Halfords Peugeot Royal Blue, lovely shade that I've seen a few others use for express blue.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I bet you didn't know classed 14 and 16 lasted long enough to receive Rail-freight colours:

Both N Gauge based on the Parkwood models kit. The class 14 never got finished as Farish released a RTR version (still to re-do the repaint - will do so one day!).

I think the livery looks rather smart on both of them!

Steven B.

Parkwood_Class_14.JPG

Parkwood_Class_16.JPG

• Like 14

On 08/01/2021 at 16:24, ColinK said:

Kestrel was bought by BR...

235A44C1-B61E-48F5-9BB2-93C1180173D6.jpeg.cec7a5a2b4909cdeed3fc103a7e0d602.jpeg

I didn’t paint it myself (I was busy repainting my CoBo into Regional Railways colours), Ben, Cambo74 on here did it for me and I’m delighted with the result.

Nice! Is that a Heljan one too? I didn't dare do mine so used my old Silver Fox one for my blue one. The Lima bogie has been replace with a Railroad one so now it runs a silently as my Heljan one. Top job on yours Colin, really suits LL blue.

20191021_235629.jpg.5be3fb693c3e0e8f882553e969e03f97.jpg.c6178daf319f12628ed92ac6fe248080.jpg

All the best

James

Edited by jessy1692
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 1 month later...
On 27/02/2017 at 23:15, Corbs said:

Over on the NGRM forum, 'TVLR' has done this rather lovely P2.

22705837169_36c40e4052_z.jpg

Love it! I've actually done a similar one earlier that year for the game Trainz. :)

I've attached a picture. From front to back: BR Express Blue, KTR Orange Yellow (Kentroughshire & Turness Railway, fictional), LMS Maroon. (Note that I've only done the repaints, the original P2 model is by edh6.)

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 12.00.44 small.png

• Like 3

So the plan to fictitiously invent a Mk2F Sleeper continues. The back story for the prototype so far is, BREL had a spare MK2F FO, just like me except mine was made by Lima.:laugh:..

My coach was originally a Lima Mk2F FO Scotrail, it then was converted to a DTSO for experimental purposes in June 1994. Then to a Research Department technical coach in 2010..until finally in 2021 a MK2 Sleeper.

BREL fitted the coach with B5 bogies....mostly because for now I have run out of Replica B4s...:nea:

The interior is scratch built. It has 7 compartments, each with two single beds on each side of of the compartment. These beds are convertible to ‘Day Coach’ seating format. To that end the majority of the corridor wall is made from toughen glass, with long full length, floor to ceiling curtains to facilitate the two formats. The curtains are a heavy, thicker version of the standard ‘BR Orange’ ones. 

The toilets were removed and converted into additional wide opening doors for disabled and servicing access. 

BREL painted the outside of the coach into standard BR Blue and Grey, with Inter-City Sleeper branding and numbered the coach 88646. So whilst strictly speaking BR B&G livery isn’t fictitious, it kinda is because they never built a MK2 sleeper. 

9FF91546-83A8-4680-B17B-B34D3B983319.jpeg.857b7433d5a647dd6cbefd9a5a22ef9e.jpeg

299D6B01-3F73-4847-84F4-B027438ABD59.jpeg.32c1a166a99c6de14af1fcdce37663cc.jpeg

FCFC9422-6957-497F-BB4A-A73117308A34.jpeg.7bae52ff6f6020a3a99de5c690875387.jpeg

The coach will eventually be fitted with Laserglaze windows. I used orange felt for the curtains. The interior wall isn’t finished yet. 

Edited by Grizz
Missed a bit
  • Like 12

Erm not my photo and I don’t know who to ask for permission. Sorry to anyone I would have credited if I knew who you were.

Apparently this is real not photoshopped.....

This is the wrong way round for this subject but I couldn’t resist it....66793......Superb....Absolute Quality.....Well Done GBRF......

4710FD11-C20C-4E87-8B2D-B00C5BAA7891.jpeg.759ead4df71e12883903b2160ad63fbe.jpeg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Hmmm, its a nice effort but I'm not a fan. The livery doesn't suit the lines of the loco at all - or maybe the loco doesn't suit the lines of the livery. It looks top-heavy. The proprtions are wrong, the logo sits wrong, with too much black and not enough light grey, not helped by the black lettering on the side. I can see where it's going, but it doesn't have the same clean effect that Roundel created for typical British locos with full height bodysides that were around when it was introduced. 

• Like 2

On 02/01/2021 at 21:30, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Folks,

A blue class 58 anyone ?

2134282279_DSCF0295(2).JPG.caef47993c7747a791a71580001bef3a.JPG

Gibbo.

Hmm - just looks slightly unbalanced. 

Whilst I prefer my diesels in two-tone green with the BR crest in the middle, I think the blue livery rather suits that loco.  But it would look better still with the number on both cabs.   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Hmm - just looks slightly unbalanced. 

Whilst I prefer my diesels in two-tone green with the BR crest in the middle, I think the blue livery rather suits that loco.  But it would look better still with the number on both cabs.   

Hi Michael,

I'd tend to agree although it was painted to match a picture I saw in Modern Railways many years back. Alas I don't have the copy that it was in but it must have been around 1981 give or take.

Gibbo.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all! Noticed this thread has been sitting here gathering dust so here’s a few digital renders. 
First, I imagined that the LSWR ditched their, in my opinion, ghastly bright green - although the alternative wasn’t much of an improvement...

Second, the LNER goes back to green with its refurbished HSTs.

Finally, the LMS tries on a darker red that in my opinion looks great.

56D34B24-F310-4EF2-8D50-6E2890F5D443.jpeg

03F251DE-A10D-45CB-BD4D-2E2628F37115.jpeg

AB204392-3D6F-4BFE-A933-ABBA5F02D399.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, ScottishRailFanatic said:

Hi all! Noticed this thread has been sitting here gathering dust so here’s a few digital renders. 
First, I imagined that the LSWR ditched their, in my opinion, ghastly bright green - although the alternative wasn’t much of an improvement...

Second, the LNER goes back to green with its refurbished HSTs.

Finally, the LMS tries on a darker red that in my opinion looks great.

56D34B24-F310-4EF2-8D50-6E2890F5D443.jpeg

03F251DE-A10D-45CB-BD4D-2E2628F37115.jpeg

AB204392-3D6F-4BFE-A933-ABBA5F02D399.jpeg

I think this is the thread you're after to let yourself go nuts with digital ficticious liveries: 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Not a train, but sort of railway related: I built a white metal bus kit recently, and decided to do a what-if livery. London Transport modernsed a batch of Green Line RF coaches from 1966 onwards (originally built in 1951), but some fairly quickly got demoted to bus duties in the country area, with the light green bands repainted yellow. The country bus and Green Line services were farmed off in 1970 to become London Country Bus Services, but what if some of those downgraded coaches had gone to the central (red bus) area before the 1970 cutoff? Here's my take on it, anyway. The ABS Streetscene kit was in Hatton's second-hand (sorry - pre-owned) section with a couple of other similar kits, but this one was cheaper because it lacked transfers: perfect for what I wanted to do to it!

IMG20210407202349.jpg.8b4d8390e2f4e36cd1f50e7cb37b9ebe.jpg

IMG20210407202505-cropped-rotated.jpg.793d323a6025bd288c2e84d376c54b4f.jpg

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Up for sale on eBay, at a quite ridiculous price (IMO) but somebody has definitely jumped on the “paint it Network Rail yellow” bandwagon!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224154693013

Having said that, it looks rather good!!

Steve S

PS

It would look even better with a chassis!!!

Edited by SteveyDee68
Stupidly, didn't notice it hadn't got any go-somewhere bits attached!
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Up for sale on eBay, at a quite ridiculous price (IMO) but somebody has definitely jumped on the “paint it Network Rail yellow” bandwagon!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224154693013

Having said that, it looks rather good!!

Steve S

PS

It would look even better with a chassis!!!

Hi Steve,

Does @newbryford know of this ???

Was he responsible ???

Gibbo.

• Funny 4

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring here (to make sure I actually attempt these in due course, and display the results in this thread) - 

Class 92s "backdated" to transitional era ...

1) Black livery, silver surrounds to windows, silver waistline stripe (where the two greys meet in Railfreight livery), silver bogies, small yellow warning panel (square edged, again like the Railfreight, not like DB Schenker or Caledonian Sleeper liveries), SR style route indicator box. (Think "Bullied diesel with small yellow warning panel") I also wonder whether it would look better with the earlier BR emblem or British Railways script along the side?

2) Two tone green livery (split horizontally as per Railfreight livery), white surrounds to windows, small yellow warning panel, 4 digit route indicator box, later style BR emblem

3) Maroon livery (think WR hydraulic livery), small yellow warning panel, 4 digit route indicator box, BR coach roundel logo!

Besides a repaint, all three will have route indicator boxes cut into the cab front below the windows (there's a shape already there between the light clusters crying out for suchlike), the black/silver version having a SR style two digit indicator whilst the other two have something more akin to a Class 47. I am also thinking to replace the catenary collectors on the black/silver version with an earlier style, like the early 25k electrics. All three locos are pre-Chunnel in my alternate universe, so buffers will be oval rather than continental in shape.

As version (3) is the simplest, I'll probably do that one first, followed by (1) and then (2). Having said that, I may discard the black livery entirely!

Although the class 92 locos exist in reality, in my scenario they were developed by BR much earlier to service long distance sleeper* and boat train traffic from ER/MR** regions to SR, in order to avoid loco changes between regions and/or visiting London (avoiding congestion in the capital). These will run on my (eventual) layout Broadhaven, being lighter at 126 tons than the "Peaks" at 133 tons.

HOURS OF FUN!

* Much like they do on the Caledonian Sleeper service 

** What was I thinking, ER region?! Doh!! However, once the WCML was electrified as far North as Glasgow, services could run straight down from Glasgow to Broadhaven, switching from OHL  to 3rd rail at Reading (?) and avoiding (?) the busy lines north of London (?)

Edited by SteveyDee68
Blunders!!
  • Like 3