Lion Heart Trains RTR in O gauge

steve fay

• 1 month later...

Richard bought a couple of the twin packs class B tanks over in advance so I've snaffled a pair for BT&S (couldn't miss them really). Will be getting a couple of class As to go with them, and they've eventually be rebranded in the "house" letting and numbering.

Very nicely done they are too.

20160117_160143.jpg

20160117_160249.jpg

20160117_160409.jpg

Afraid the lighting is a little overpowering in the room the layout is in, but it does show the detail of both the wagons and the livery application. I'm no wagon expert and unlike some on here I don't get any pleasure from playing spot the difference games but they look great to me and certainly much better than I could hope to achieve from a kit.

Antics have a couple more pairs in stock (all class B, Esso or Shell as I recall) if anyone else can't wait until Bristol. Usual disclaimer applies. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sample of coaches expected at the Bristol show at the end of January

It looks like these are running a bit behind.

I asked Richard at the Bristol show how were they progressing, and got a coy reply of "They're progressing". Also Tower Models say that they are expecting delivery during the summer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Look great, just ordered a twin tanker set and waiting patiently for the Coaches to become available to order, quite a bargain considering the detail and construction compared to other RTR coaches IMO.

Here are some snaps taken at the O Gauge Spring show today inside of the new Lionheart coached.

They are lit and the dome lights (LED) can be seen on the inside of the roof. They have quite a nice colour to them when lit. The roof pops on and off quite easily held on by a series of clips making access easy to add people etc.

I must say the detailing in there is incredible. The luggage rack detail is especially good with cushion details and bulkhead detail very nice.

On the underside the bogies and brake gear are very impressive.

Richard has taken on board the idea of offering single coaches so watch out for further news on this but its sound like it will happen.

Next loco, BR Standard 3MT.

Here are the snaps.

post-6682-0-30267100-1457206333_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-20003200-1457206334_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-15598400-1457206335_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-17332600-1457206336_thumb.jpg

post-6682-0-15472200-1457206337_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

They are looking really good, I like the idea of the luggage rack detail (although not likely ever to be seen), I only have one observation in that the bit that is more likely to be seen is the glazing profiles across the compartment, is there a chance there will be a false wall covering the glazing mouldings as I notice it looks like there is a slight gap between the racks and the glazing/wall?

They (the glazing) look a bit "clunky", no clunky is the wrong word but maybe obvious is better?

Of course in practice the glazing mouldings may not be an aesthetic problem, hands on will tell.

Not going to put me off buying a set though  :imsohappy:

BR standard 3 is a good choice. nice looking, can operate on main-, or branch-lines, and no-one else does one.

Well done Lionheart.

Brilliant, In their short lives they worked widely. I'm afraid that does put a stop to even vaguely thinking about Minervas Victory. IIRC (And I may well be wrong!) some of those I saw regularly at Waterloo on ECS had an earlier incarnation on branchlines in the North East. http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brsteam/e6514a914

How they worked so late on but failed to get conserved I have never understood - allthough I know a new one is to be built. Apologies for the frothing but they are simply my third favourite steam loco, and the other two are too large (and the Q1 too foreign) for my present interests.

Paul

Archived