Lion Heart Trains RTR in O gauge

steve fay

• RMweb Premium

There is a Lionheart prairie on e bay at the mo. Bit on the pricey side second hand but that's e bay for you!

£1100 for DCC sound fitted, which is £100 more than the forthcoming new Lionheart model. I assume that the original is a better model?

• RMweb Premium

The other models he/she has listed are also pricey, they may be new in box but they are mostly the same as from retail outlets but without a warranty.

Shame the space was not available for the proposed layout they should have been on............

£1100 for DCC sound fitted, which is £100 more than the forthcoming new Lionheart model. I assume that the original is a better model?

The original has a more expensive brass chassis.  IIRC the new version has a diecast chassis to keep the price down.

Ray.

• RMweb Gold

You'd think as the item has a high ticket value the seller might want to try and sell it using more better quality photos.

post-126-0-77200600-1487179489_thumb.jpg

k/itm/Lionheart-O-gauge-steam-loco-Prairie-tank-5545-with-digital-sound-/162393739777?hash=item25cf6bd201:g:xTMAAOSwfVpYoMwQ

It's got to be worth putting in an offer that you'd be willing to pay. It's up to the seller to decide whether it's silly or not!

I understand that Lionhearted / Dapol are going to bring out a cast chassis version, that'll be cheaper than the seller paid for this one.

I reckon most people that buy rtr would be happy enough with that, so why would anyone buy second hand, no guarantee, if it's not at a decent discount? Bit unfortunate for the chap who's trying to sell it, but it'll only sell if he agrees a price with someone!

Best

Simon

• RMweb Premium

As soon as anyone who has already paid a B set deposit hears anything specific regarding balancing payment and delivery from Dapol, would be appreciated if they could flag so others with an existing order can confirm.

I've already paid to open the box so want to know I'm going to be sent one!

Had an official e mail today from Dapol acknowledging my original reservation and requesting delivery and balancing payment info.

• RMweb Premium

Had an official e mail today from Dapol acknowledging my original reservation and requesting delivery and balancing payment info.

Nothing received at Spam Towers. Trying to work out from the Dapol website who it's best to contact.

• RMweb Premium

This is a Lionheart model, Dapol are not connected. Richard Webster still has his own brand and is doing this model, Mogul and the 82xxx.

I thought the B set coaches were taken over by Dapol? Are we talking at cross purposes?

I've had a conformation email from Dapol as well. Lion heart and Dapol are now one of the same.

Yes Richard is going to continue doing brass locos under the lion heart brand but I think this is a bit like the black label brand that they use for the top of the line 4mm models at Dapol.

I thought the B set coaches were taken over by Dapol? Are we talking at cross purposes?

From Dapol News

Dapol Ltd and Lionheart Trains are pleased to announce the merger of the two companies as of 5th August 2016.

The Lionheart Trains models, GWR 7400 and 6400 Pannier Tanks, Auto Trailer, 16T mineral wagons, 14T Air Ministry Tanker Wagons, 7 and 8 Plank Open Wagons and the new B Set Coaches shall come under the Dapol brand and Lionheart shall continue to manufacture handmade highly specified O gauge models under the Lionheart branding. Richard Webster, of Lionheart will work with both companies and oversee and manage all Lionheart Train development.

Richard

• RMweb Premium

Nothing received at Spam Towers. Trying to work out from the Dapol website who it's best to contact.

Try club@Dapol.co.uk which is who e mailed me.

Back to the prairie, when I've had offers accepted, eBay still displays the asking price, not what was accepted. So not sure it necessarily got £1000.

Then again, eBay merely shows what one person would pay, not what everyone else would!

• RMweb Premium

Had another e mail from Dapol today requesting the balance on the B set and stating mine (BR crimson pair) is expected 10 March, which is contrary to what has been stated elsewhere. I rang to check and they assured me the crimson B set is in the first batch. We will find out shortly!

The e mail said a "special" price of £399 (which is just what was advertised originally) plus £5 postage. I mentioned Tower are advertising the same price post free and they seemed surprised that Tower are matching their price. Pure speculation but I wonder if the recommended price has gone up since first announced. Anyway I got the postage removed as a result.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I too had a nice chat with Richard at Steam today. Very impressed that the coaches will have lighting, plus the option to have sound and lit tail lamps. My reservation form will be going in the post next week. :)

Here's scans of the leaflet:

attachicon.gifIMG_0001.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0002.jpg

Woohoo....my four car set will be arriving tomorrow, not sure what platform but they will be here...... :imsohappy:

Funny how the long wait seems so much shorter when they are almost here.

• RMweb Premium

Hi David,

Any chance of some photos when they arrive please.

Regards,

Martyn.

You mean I have to unpack them in full view of the house management?

You'll get me in soooooo much trouble, I'll see what I can do....won't be tomorrow though, bit busy. 

• RMweb Premium

Interesting that Tower say the arrival of the crimson was a surprise. You'd think manufacturers would let stockists know what was coming?

BTW Tower have sold out of one of the GWR 2 coach versions already - still 3 others but looks like these will be popular!

• RMweb Premium

Came as a complete surprise to me also, I had forgotten I had pre ordered these from Antics when first announced, I genuinely had forgotten and was waiting until the Dapol/Lionheart merger became clear(er).

I order from Antics as they do not ask a deposit and are quite happy for you to cancel an order hen stuff arrives, as I did with a BR Blue 08 recently having decided to buy the black version instead.

Although occasionally a bit of jiggling needs to happen when you suddenly realise you need to find a few hundred beer tokens extra this month  :senile:  the joys of getting older......

• RMweb Premium

The original has a more expensive brass chassis.  IIRC the new version has a diecast chassis to keep the price down.

Ray.

I'm getting a bit confused I think.

Is the forthcoming Lionheart diecast chassis 45xx still expected to be around the £1000 mark.  I can't find any reference to prices anywhere.

Thanks,

Graham

• RMweb Premium

I'm getting a bit confused I think.

Is the forthcoming Lionheart diecast chassis 45xx still expected to be around the £1000 mark.  I can't find any reference to prices anywhere.

Thanks,

Graham

Hi Graham, try post 224 in this thread.

Archived