steve fay

Lion Heart Trains RTR in O gauge

Hi Graham, try post 224 in this thread.

Thanks, now you have pointed it out I do remember looking at that post before, but hadn't taken on board the price at the bottom.

They look really nice.........they tried to deliver mine yesterday (despite me saying I wouldn't be here) and now waiting for the delivery today.......long day so far  :whistle:

They look really nice.........they tried to deliver mine yesterday (despite me saying I wouldn't be here) and now waiting for the delivery today.......long day so far  :whistle:

They do look nice, and even better in the flesh. My order from Tower arrived this morning. 

I haven't had the 4 car set out of their boxes yet, but the 2 car set has been unpacked and been given a short test run. I am not disappointed. post-21493-0-94152300-1489669841_thumb.jpgpost-21493-0-32942200-1489669905_thumb.jpgpost-21493-0-25851900-1489669966_thumb.jpgpost-21493-0-67770400-1489670233_thumb.jpg

Gerry

• Like 6

Likewise my crimson pair just arrived direct from Dapol. Was worried the colours look quite lurid in photos but again in the flesh much more natural. Better get on with finishing my 25 year old Springside 45 I suppose!

Likewise my crimson pair just arrived direct from Dapol. Was worried the colours look quite lurid in photos but again in the flesh much more natural. Better get on with finishing my 25 year old Springside 45 I suppose!

Mine also..........two days late  :rtfm: ............nah my fault for postponing delivery one day, so they came two days later!  :scratchhead:

The four car set comes in a mighty big box though.......upon unpacking I wondered what the tiny bit of PCB poking out of the end of the brake coach was, then I realised Lionheart/Dapol supply a little rear lamp to slip into the board thus giving a working brake lamp, brilliant stuff. 

Mine also..........two days late https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_rtfm.gif ............nah my fault for postponing delivery one day, so they came two days later! https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_scratch_one-s_head.gif

The four car set comes in a mighty big box though.......upon unpacking I wondered what the tiny bit of PCB poking out of the end of the brake coach was, then I realised Lionheart/Dapol supply a little rear lamp to slip into the board thus giving a working brake lamp, brilliant stuff.

When you say "slip into", my lamp has a pair of cm long wires sticking out of the bottom. Where do they fit? I only got one lamp with the 2 car.

Overall very pleased with mine. The join between sides and ends isn't particularly neat and I'll be getting the filler out in due course (worse at the inner end) but that's the only mod I have in mind.

Will take one apart later for the hell of it

Edited by Hal Nail

When you say "slip into", my lamp has a pair of cm long wires sticking out of the bottom. Where do they fit? I only got one lamp with the 2 car.

Overall very pleased with mine. The join between sides and ends isn't particularly neat and I'll be getting the filler out in due course (worse at the inner end) but that's the only mod I have in mind.

Will take one apart later for the hell of it

You get one lamp with the 2 car set and one lamp with the 4 car set. Initially I thought the lamp just plugged in at the rear of the coach, but it looks as if the small holes to allow the wires to pass through the PCB board need to be drilled out. I hope somebody can confirm one way or the other, please.

Unfortunately the interior lights on my 4 car set, when on, highlight the fact that in two of the coaches the interior seating partitions along with the luggage racks have come adrift. So I will also be taking a couple apart in the near future. They do not appear to have 'travelled well'.

Gerry

Only one lamp seems correct as it is a tail lamp.

Guillaume

Agree - I misread the original post as saying plural tho!

Btw also get a couple of spare screw-links too which is useful.

The holes on the PCB section are partially covered in solder, best to just give them a wipe with a hot iron to clear the holes to enable the leads of the lamp to "slip through", you might need a smidge of solder to secure the lamp properly or just let the loose connection make and break contact......flickering lamp, just like the real thing......oh....who said that?  :secret:

• Like 1

Would it be possible for those that have them to put up pictures of the Crimson versions please?

Sorry I can't obliged regarding the Crimson version, but have posted a couple of short video's of the GWR 4 car set for anyone who is interested. 

Sorry in advance for the quality of the video's, not my forte' I'm afraid (as is quite obvious!).

Gerry

Has any one heard and more on the possible single coaches being made available?

I'd like a single crimson coach as a strengthener .

Steve

Antics website show a date of the 20th April, they have been fairly accurate in the past.

Richard

I ordered a double set in BR colours, can't remember which one now direct from Tower at the end of last year.

I'm confused with people saying they've been contacted by Dapol for balances to be paid ?

I assume Tower will get the stock they have orders for ?

Yes they will, Dapol are asking for balances as these were the orders taken by Richard When it was still a lion heart project

Thanks Richard, I've just had a look and Antics are advertising the crimson as singles whilst another shop is advertising them as maroon !!

I'll drop Dapol an email and see what's what.

Edited by steve fay

I feel disappointed that I ordered Lionheart coaches and I'll be getting Dapol ones. At the same price too.

Ed

Couple of questions if anyone knows. I've seen shots of former 4 car coaches in use - a brake with the end windows was photo'd quite a bit on the Looe line. Were the 2 car sets split up and used singly much? And where sets were split, were the stubby inner buffers replaced with normal ones?

Incidentally although I had been told years ago these would be a one piece body, the coaches are actually modular construction - separate sides, roof, ends, compartment details etc. In other words Dapol now have a lot of the bits that could be used for different coaches (perhaps wishful thinking!).

Finally they come in a Lionheart box if that cheers anyone up!

I feel disappointed that I ordered Lionheart coaches and I'll be getting Dapol ones. At the same price too.

Ed

I can't quite work out why that might be a problem. But they do come in a Lionheart box.

• Like 1

I always liked BMC "badge engineering". So much nicer to have a Wolseley than a GXL or whatever. Guess I'm just a snob.

Ed

However you look at it, a Riley Elf was just a Mini with added weight...