Lion Heart Trains RTR in O gauge

steve fay

It is all exciting news but after reading through this thread and seeing the various Facebook links, I am a little mixed up (nothing new then)  ....Is there a GWR small Prairie due out? 

Also I have seen the announcements for the Large Prairie and 43XX 2-6-0. Seeing as they have similar parts, could this be a prelude to a 'Manor'?

Larry G.

Yes I have the form here I picked up from richard at Telford, the 45 and 4575 are due out next year with a die cast chassis and brass body. To be followed by a BR standard class 3 tank.

The 61xx and mogul are due out from Heljan.

Thanks for clarification Steve. Earlier 45XX duly added to the bucket list.

What beggars belief is the Manor 4-6-0 is very thin on the ground in both 4mm and 7mm scales, yet the 12" to the 1' locos were the very lifeblood of ex Cambrian lines. There is certainly no shortage of layouts based on Cambrian lines. It looks like I may have to build kits for the Manor and Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 locos.

Lionheart 16T mineral wagons -  both the rivetted and welded versions appear to be still available.

Hattons have 4 different models of the rivetted version @ £35.70 each.  They are all dia. 1/109 despite two being wrongly described as dia. 1/108 (see photos of box ends on website).

Tower models currently have 2 different models of the welded version @ £42 each.

Guest Q663368

Steve,

Many thanks for posting LHT Expression of Interest forms.

I have ordered 82027 and 82029. Both locos received large numbers following a repaint at Darlington in the early 60's. 82027 has the earlier crest so should have the original small numbers. Large numbers and late crest on 82029 will make an interesting variant. I wonder what we we will get. Small or large numbers will work for me.

I am not normally a fan of long range announcements but in this case, I now know where my modelling funds are going to go for the next two years and have plenty of time to put money on one side.

I love the quality of the Lionheart range. I even bought one of the bargain priced 74xx BR tank loco's, odd for an NER devotee. SWD's sound chip really brings it to life.

I was thinking the same Kev, Richard told me that all the deposit details have been passed over to Dapol

Thanks for the info Steve.

The B Sets were originally set for delivery in the summer, but have now been pushed back to next year. Over the last few months some nice GWR coaches have sold through the Gauge O Guild's Executor and Trustee service. If I'd have known the delay was going to be this great I may well have not bothered to pre-order.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm beginning to wonder what the situation is with the £50 deposit I paid to Richard Webster for a B Set, now that the as yet unproduced models have been sold to Dapol.

Hi Kev,

I'm sharing your boat on this. According to Richard Webster, 'all deposits' were transferred to Dapol - we await announcements with interest.

regards

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Kev,

I'm sharing your boat on this. According to Richard Webster, 'all deposits' were transferred to Dapol - we await announcements with interest.

regards

Mike

Well I am just waiting............having been stung a bit (not anyones fault of course) by buying the an Autocoach set last year and putting it away until I have my layout running here, I am going to sit back and wait for the release from Dapol, if I miss them I miss them.....not the end of the world, just a minor earth quake! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I preordered with deposit a B Set of coaches from Lionheart early in the year. These have now moved into the Dapol range.

Talking to Dapol at the Reading show and apparently they will be ready in two weeks.

Has anybody had any communication from Dapol or Lionheart confirming this or asking for the balance payment? It's all very quiet.

• RMweb Premium

I preordered with deposit a B Set of coaches from Lionheart early in the year. These have now moved into the Dapol range.

Talking to Dapol at the Reading show and apparently they will be ready in two weeks.

Has anybody had any communication from Dapol or Lionheart confirming this or asking for the balance payment? It's all very quiet.

Nothing at all. I paid getting on for 2 years ago (Aylesbury show I think). I e mailed Richard and was told Dapol have all the deposit details but it didn't strike me as a specific confirmation and I can't find anything to prove I've paid it that long ago either so more than a little sceptical.

• RMweb Premium

Nothing at all. I paid getting on for 2 years ago (Aylesbury show I think). I e mailed Richard and was told Dapol have all the deposit details but it didn't strike me as a specific confirmation and I can't find anything to prove I've paid it that long ago either so more than a little sceptical.

I've had a reply today saying everyone would be contacted for the balance and that allowing for shipping, customs clearance etc these should be ready for the guild spring show.

• RMweb Premium

Lots of folk being told different dates - doesn't inspire confidence.

I was told two weeks at the Reading trade show. 

Richards e mail said production is starting later this month (perhaps that's where they got two weeks from?) completing in late Jan, allow a month for shipping and clearance. Doubt they can be too precise if they haven't even started making them yet.

• RMweb Gold

Lots of folk being told different dates - doesn't inspire confidence.

I was told two weeks at the Reading trade show. 

From the Lionheart Website ...

"The Great Western 'B' set coaches including the London 'A' sets and the Birmingham 'D' sets are at the final sampling stage, however production has not yet started so availability will now be early 2017 and again will be released under the Dapol label."

Rich

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps an aficionado of GWR coaching stock can tell me if the 'Birmingham' sets got spread about a bit after 1948? I have one on pre-order ('cos I'm lazy), so it would be useful to know if there are any reasons why they could not run around North Wales and Borders.

And down here in Cornwall?

Archived