Evening Jon! Currently working out the logistics for turning several different rtr van types into alternate ferry vehicles by mixing and matching parts. Not expecting my 4 wheel Cargowaggon to be anywhere close to yours but we all have to start somewhere!

Anyway, A solitary Cargowaggon Holdall is also on my wish list. Are you still hoping to tackle these with the method you wrote of earlier? (And if so, how nicely can I smile at you for a pair of hoods if you manage a succesful mould?!)

Many thanks, and keep up the very inspiring work! It's threads like this that encourage me to think beyond rtr.

• 11 months later...

As a follow on from the Single van, I've started on an HFirrs3 twin van, this will probably form the master for casting, although I could do the casting myself, I'm feeling a bit inclined to try sending it to CMA mouldform and getting a quote back from them... If I could find other homes for about 20 pair it would leave me with just a few sets for myself.

post-336-0-15186600-1470421666_thumb.jpg

post-336-0-09305800-1470421672_thumb.jpg

post-336-0-46643700-1470421677_thumb.jpg

Single van behind.

Jon

And then onto the Polybulks and Grainflows - these have been sitting around for some time, but today the less complete of the polybulks gained hopper opening wheels, and I cycled off to Halfords to see what paint might be available for the green and grey.

attachicon.gifpolybulk02.jpg

attachicon.gifpolybulk03.jpg

attachicon.gifpolybulk04.jpg

attachicon.gifpolybulk05.jpg

attachicon.gifpolybulk06.jpg

attachicon.gifpolybulk07.jpg

Jon

are there any free plans of these or any other speedlink/ferry wagons? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Whilst the weather is right for it and I had a tin of blue paint the tiphook coil wagon that I cast from a pair of Lima HO wagons also finally got a topcoat - I'm quite please with the rather plastic finish to looks rather like a vinyl tarp, its just not quite the right colour, even for a clean one.

attachicon.giftiphookhoodedcoil001.jpg

and I still can find the offcut bits - I'm sure I saved them for one of the SNCF shorties but I've searched high and low for them.

Jon

Jon, did you finish this wagon at all? I've got two of the Golden Hobbies wagons and was looking to turn them into a Transferry branded van and either an Easiloader or Cargowaggon branded van.

Archived