chaz

I'm gutted that I'll miss seeing your marvellous layout 'for real' now Chaz, but like others have said I've thoroughly enjoyed following your thread and thank you for taking the time to post and allow us all to see it develop.

I do wish I had both the cash and space to give it a new home, but I can only hope to win the lottery for that to happen.  :smile_mini2:

Looking forward to your next project!

Keith

I had the pleasure of seeing Dock Green in the flesh yesterday, and I must say it is a true work of art!!

I hope that whoever becomes the new owner, they continue to exhibit the layout to the same standard as Chaz and his team do.

Regards, Deano.

Things move on.  I have had the good fortune not only to see the layout, but also to operate it.  It was a good experience and picked up quite a few tips.

I notice Chaz, that you mention disposal of the rolling stock...  I know I may be adding 2 + 2 and making 5, but assume this means a change of scale/gauge...  It could just be a change of period...

I wish you all the best with the next adventure,

Many thanks

Ernie

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 17/03/2019 at 11:31, The Bigbee Line said:

Things move on.  I have had the good fortune not only to see the layout, but also to operate it.  It was a good experience and picked up quite a few tips.

I notice Chaz, that you mention disposal of the rolling stock...  I know I may be adding 2 + 2 and making 5, but assume this means a change of scale/gauge...  It could just be a change of period...

I wish you all the best with the next adventure,

Many thanks

Ernie

Thanks Ernie. Yes, I will try to sell all the rolling stock and if the layout doesn't sell it will have to be a skip I am afraid.

Chaz

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to buy this layout, but sadly finances wouldn't allow it as things stand just now. Surely you aren't serious about such a work of art ending up in a skip? If you really are thinking of doing so, just let me know when, and where, the skip is, and I'll make the journey down from Scotland! Mind you, if you post the details on RM Web, I suspect that there would be the most almighty rush to the skip site. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts  over the past few months, and look forward to whatever you plan for the future.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Perthshireman said:

I would love to buy this layout, but sadly finances wouldn't allow it as things stand just now. Surely you aren't serious about such a work of art ending up in a skip? If you really are thinking of doing so, just let me know when, and where, the skip is, and I'll make the journey down from Scotland! Mind you, if you post the details on RM Web, I suspect that there would be the most almighty rush to the skip site. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts  over the past few months, and look forward to whatever you plan for the future.

Your concern is understandable (and flattering) and of course I would much prefer to sell the layout, rather than destroy it. I have had a couple of possible buyers show some interest.

I will not give the layout away (that just doesn't feel right), so if a buyer is not ultimately forthcoming I will salvage what I can for future use (items such as the DCC system and the Tortoise point motors for example) and the rest will be broken up. Once the baseboards are stripped they might be usable. Even things such as the Peco points might have some value.

The locos and rolling stock should be easier to sell, singly or in batches, and they have a potential value much higher than the layout. 

Chaz

• Friendly/supportive 1

I'm with Perthshireman, I'd love this layout but, space, finances, transport and the lack of any O gauge stock are all against me!  It does seem a shame to bin it but life moves on and I'm sure it's served it's purpose many time over. Just a thought Chaz but is there a local club/society you could donate it to if it doesn't get sold? 

Steve.

Edited by sb67

3 minutes ago, sb67 said:

I'm with Perthshireman, I'd love this layout but, space, finances, transport and the lack of any O gauge stock are all against me!  It does seem a shame to bin it but life moves on and I'm sure it's served it's purpose many time over. Just a thought Chaz but is there a local club/society you could donate it to if it doesn't get sold? 

Steve.

A sale is possible, with the price to be agreed between myself and the buyer. I am not a club member but I have put a note on the Gauge O Guild's for-sale lists. I will not give it away - there is some value to me if I strip it of those parts (DCC, tortoises etc) that will serve a future project. There are also some scenic features that might sell. 

Chaz

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi Chaz.

Your layout has given me much pleasure as I followed its progress etc. I will be sad to see it go but when its time for a change it is time for a change.

What I would like to know is what will follow - a new layout?, a new scale? or are you going to give up modelling altogether? I await with bated breath to hear what's next!

Rod

On 05/04/2019 at 16:51, railwayrod said:

Hi Chaz.

Your layout has given me much pleasure as I followed its progress etc. I will be sad to see it go but when its time for a change it is time for a change.

What I would like to know is what will follow - a new layout?, a new scale? or are you going to give up modelling altogether? I await with bated breath to hear what's next!

Rod

I have a new project in mind Rod, but at present I am keeping quiet about it. I certainly can't start the new project until DG has been disposed of as I need the space it takes up in storage, although I will be doing some planning, design sketches etc.

Chaz

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Further to my previous announcement of my desire to sell or otherwise dispose of Dock Green...

The last exhibition is on the last weekend in September at Worthing. I have decided that I will store the layout for a month following the show. Should no buyer come forward by November 1st it will be dismantled and any usable parts stored for future use. I really do need the space for the next project and I am keen to make a start.

Chaz

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• 3 months later...

A last gentle reminder - your last chance to see Dock Green in action will be in Worthing at the end of this month. So if you haven't seen it yet and you are within range... I hope to see you there (say hello!).

The venue is Durrington High School, The Boulevard, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 1LA. The dates are Saturday 28th September and Sunday 29th September.

Chaz

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Ah well, I'll be nowhere near Worthing Chaz, so will have missed my chance! Still, I've really enjoyed watching the layout develop through this excellent thread and thank you for taking the time and effort to update it. If you have a chance a small video of the layout's final appearance would be good! :)

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Just catching up on the thread.

I helped Chaz a few years ago at TrainWest for the weekend and had a thoroughly great time. Having never operated the layout before the weekend and after a short but concise training (excuse the pun), I had several very enjoyable hours. Sadly, only had one opportunity to operate over a weekend.

It would be fantastic to have the opportunity to buy the layout, but do not have the space for storage or indeed the spare cash at the moment. Added to that not very much 0 gauge stock, but that can be increased.

Any serious buyer would be undertaking a very unique and interesting layout.

Hope all goes well Chaz, but would be very sad to see the layout dismantled, but fully understand if this becomes your only option.

Richard

• Like 1

On 29/08/2019 at 10:20, keefr2 said:

Ah well, I'll be nowhere near Worthing Chaz, so will have missed my chance! Still, I've really enjoyed watching the layout develop through this excellent thread and thank you for taking the time and effort to update it. If you have a chance a small video of the layout's final appearance would be good! :)

Keith

On 29/08/2019 at 18:29, sb67 said:

Shame I cant get to see it again. If anyone hasn't yet, try and go along, you wont be disappointed. Hope all goes well for it's last appearance Chaz.

Steve.

23 hours ago, mudmagnet said:

Just catching up on the thread.

I helped Chaz a few years ago at TrainWest for the weekend and had a thoroughly great time. Having never operated the layout before the weekend and after a short but concise training (excuse the pun), I had several very enjoyable hours. Sadly, only had one opportunity to operate over a weekend.

It would be fantastic to have the opportunity to buy the layout, but do not have the space for storage or indeed the spare cash at the moment. Added to that not very much 0 gauge stock, but that can be increased.

Any serious buyer would be undertaking a very unique and interesting layout.

Hope all goes well Chaz, but would be very sad to see the layout dismantled, but fully understand if this becomes your only option.

Richard

Thanks for your support lads, it is appreciated. I don't want to say any more for the moment about what will happen to the layout as I have explained my position, which hasn't changed. 

Chaz

Thanks Chaz for all the tips, knowledge and wonderful craftmanship you have given while building and running Dock Green.  I have had the enjoyment of seeing it run at a couple of shows spending a fair amount of time watching the shunt moves and admiring the craft taken to make and operate it.

Good luck with the sale and if ever you decide to break it down into scenic pieces please post them on here as I'm sure they will get snapped up very quickly.

Best regards

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I am surprised no one has come forward with a reasonable offer but I suppose it does take up a fair bit of space. Most top quality layouts have not been kept I suppose it is inevitable we want to see new ones. It has been a lot of fun following the build and I look forward to your next project. 

Don

• Agree 1

On 31/08/2019 at 13:06, Donw said:

I am surprised no one has come forward with a reasonable offer but I suppose it does take up a fair bit of space. Most top quality layouts have not been kept I suppose it is inevitable we want to see new ones. It has been a lot of fun following the build and I look forward to your next project. 

Don

Once Worthing has been and gone any potential buyer has a month to make a move. The layout will be stored through October but come November 1st I will start dismantling. I need the space.

Chaz

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2