chaz

This is splendid news indeed!

I do hope the new buyer will enjoy his/her purchase, make interesting but complimentary modifications, show the what-and-how on here, and take the show on the road.

I still hope to see your final outing with the layout, and look forward to hearing more in due course.

atb

Simon

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

That's great news Chaz as you know I was interested myself but am so pleased it's not going to be broken up. Will you be listing the stock for sale ?

2 hours ago, Simond said:

This is splendid news indeed!

I do hope the new buyer will enjoy his/her purchase, make interesting but complimentary modifications, show the what-and-how on here, and take the show on the road.

I still hope to see your final outing with the layout, and look forward to hearing more in due course.

atb

Simon

1 hour ago, sb67 said:

Agree that is great news. I'm sure it will give the owner lots of pleasure. 

Looking forward to your next project Chaz ;-)

Steve.

Thanks Lads. Agreed, it is very good news. The buyer has told me he will not be exhibiting the layout. It is, of course, entirely up to him what he does with it and what changes he makes. One modification will be certain - the stock running on the layout will not be mine as he is not buying it.

I already have a number of requests for some of the stock. Other pieces will indeed need listing for sale. Can I suggest that any RMwebbers who would like to see the list (and it will be a while before I can finish compiling it) send me a PM with their email address I will send the list as an email attachment. That's probably the easiest way for me. I may well take a table at one of the O gauge trade shows and this would be a good place for a hand-over.

Chaz

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good news Chaz. It also seems evident the the next project is unlikely to be ER in the London area or you would keep the stock. Perhaps we have tempted you to go WR:jester:. Seriously it does seem you will be doing something quite different, which I look forward to seeing.

Don

5 minutes ago, Donw said:

Good news Chaz. It also seems evident the the next project is unlikely to be ER in the London area or you would keep the stock. Perhaps we have tempted you to go WR:jester:. Seriously it does seem you will be doing something quite different, which I look forward to seeing.

Don

Nice try Don, but I won't be saying anything about my next project until I actually start making it. So you will have to wait until a saw hits the first piece of plywood...  :rolleyes:

Chaz

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am planning to go to the one-day show at Wimborne on Sunday 20th October to sell some of the stock from Dock Green. Some of it has already been sold and I will sending out lists of the remainder to those of you who asked for this on Monday, after the Worthing show. Anyone else who wants the lists just email me.  

chazharrison100@yahoo.co.uk

If you are going to Worthing and want to speak to me there about a purchase please do. There is no reason why you can't leave on Sunday (just before the show closes) with an item(s).

Just to give you some idea of asking prices for wagons...

a four wheel ten foot WB wagon in plastic will typically be £50

ditto in brass will typically be £70

anything larger add £20 to these prices.

Any locomotives I take will be priced individually. All locos have DCC sound installed. I hope to have a short test track with me on which locos can be demonstrated. I will not be selling locomotives at Worthing - I want to sit down and consider which ones I want to keep myself!

All my stock is weathered (with, I think, sufficient care and skill to enhance its value). All stock has Dingham couplings which I can remove if you wish when you buy.

See you this weekend at the show?

Chaz

• Like 2

Here are a couple of shots from the Worthing Show.  My second opportunity to operate this inspirational layout. 

Here the Yard Pilot is shunting, lovely loco to use. A bit big for the need. But very nice. 

B6D75F03-3D08-4AE7-851C-BD249397B105.jpeg.39e2344f734ba869b26d91bcf8901ae5.jpeg

Then the Hudswel Clarke Estate loco. A busy scene. 

019B5BF3-3249-4B81-8932-41CA096C94FD.jpeg.7d7c5062490e3c5cd7d7f8cab1ae1211.jpeg

Big thanks to Chaz. Plus his team. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

With regret, I won’t make Worthing.  It’s about 2h30 each way from home, the M20 is a car park, and the weather’s filthy.  

I’ve enjoyed the thread enormously, and learned a bit too.  I look forward to Chaz’ next journey with great interest!

atb

Simon

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Well that's it - our 24th and last show with Dock Green has passed off successfully. We started in October 2012 with the one day show in Wimborne as a work in progress. After a year of effort finishing the buildings and other features we took it to Warley in November 2013. Since then we have visited Alton, Andover, Railex at Aylesbury, Basingstoke (twice), Brighton, Corsham, Eastleigh (not a long drive!), Fareham, New Milton, Peterborough, Portsmouth, Romsey, Salisbury, Taunton (brilliant lunches!), the GoG show at Telford, and Worthing this weekend. 

Dock Green will be passed on to its new owner at the end of October and I hope much of the stock will have been sold before the end of the year. Certainly I have sold a significant number of vans and wagons to members of my operating team - to whom I naturally gave "first dibs". 

I intend to wind up this thread with a potpourri of photographs taken this weekend at Worthing. Keep watching to see those - probably a few each day - I am too tired to post any tonight.

Chaz

Edited by chaz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

qFSNhKq.jpg

Shooting pictures from the operators' side doesn't always give such a plain background...

GSjLtSR.jpg

...especially if a low viewpoint is adopted. You get some very strange skies.

3aHlrsz.jpg

Susan brings some wagons up from the estate, Christine in the background.

R7GLxfy.jpg

A similar scene looking the other way. As it was my last chance to take photos I did rather blaze away.

czGzlLq.jpg

At one of the early outings of Dock Green I was told not to leave the resin oil-drum load in the wagon. Apparently if I did the resin would expand and destroy the plastic wagon sides. Being somewhat contrary I nodded and did nothing, still waiting for the disaster :huh:

Chaz

Edited by chaz
  • Like 15

Really delighted to see that Dock Green will survive, and I'm sure that the new owner will have many happy hours playing with it! Quite why it didn't occur to me that had it been heading for the skip, you would have retrieved whatever you could from it. Perhaps a senior moment? Anyway, like so many others I look forward to following progress on whatever you do next. Thanks for all the enjoyment following DG.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

More snaps from Worthing

08ZwZMw.jpg

That's another shot from the operators' side. Of course when you are playing operating you don't see the confusing and irrelevant background - but the camera does. I don't have the time or the inclination to delve into Photoshop so we will just have to live with it.

qfpKTGZ.jpg

I think the warehouse siding looks best with a quartet of vans sitting there.

NFVl9vA.jpg

Green lorry, red lorry. Nice models, moulded in resin, but very prone to shedding bits. One of them has lost an axle when being shaken up in the van. This will need glueing back on.

VzKoZbU.jpg

I have been told many times that the lorries are too clean. They probably are but maybe the sort of owner/drivers working with a C licence might well have been really proud of their chief asset and kept them spotless - no? - well in that case I invoke Rule One. :whistle:

TkknNMA.jpg

A spot of humour from one of my operating team who sneaked this vehicle onto the layout. You will note the "RIP D Green" alongside the box. :laugh:.

Chaz

Edited by chaz
  • Like 9
  • Funny 7

10 hours ago, Simond said:

It would be an eye-catching way to take a layout to shows...

...with a few highly polished black limos following behind with the operating team in? It might take rather a long time to get to even a local show.....

Edited by chaz
spelling!
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

I must apologise for not sending out lists yet to those who requested them. I have decided that it will much more sensible to take the stock to be sold to Wimborne first. Should I sell a lot (or even most) of it it will avoid the need for posting it. I will be sending the list out today to give you an idea of what wagons/vans remain to be sold but will not be posting any at least until after Wimborne.

I realise that this will disappoint some but it is a more sensible approach. Of course if you go to the Wimborne show on the 20th October you can pick up a bargain there.

Chaz

21 hours ago, Simond said:

It would be an eye-catching way to take a layout to shows...

Off topic, but I understand Neil Young and his band used to travel to bookings in a hearse with their gear in the back in his early days.

Today's pictures feature the Hudswell Clarke "Christine".

IUU1kFz.jpg

oMsUyGp.jpg

Emerging from the warehouse siding - clearances are very tight in several places on the layout.

lws61dv.jpg

The clearance doesn't look so tight from a normal viewing angle.

5kzzvrY.jpg

It's when it's coupled to a van that the loco's small size is revealed.

aE81OjZ.jpg

"Christine" is currently homeless and is looking for a sympathetic new owner.

Chaz

• Like 9