chaz

• 2 weeks later...

Enough of this banter about music I was pleased to have forgotten, let's have a few more photographs taken at the Worthing Show.

Jm7qiMR.jpg

You don't really build the JLTRT van kits as the bodies are one piece resin mouldings. You just have to add the under frame parts, buffers etc and then it's all down to the paint. I bought three of the SR vans not that long ago so they didn't do that many shows. 

aQLBKE7.jpg

Another fairly recent acquisition was the J6. It's such a nice model I am going to keep it rather than sell it on. I may get the chance to give it a run at a the Otterbourne open day.

YazEhx3.jpg

If he sits on the fire escape every break he gets and reads his paper maybe all that rubbish strewn around is his?

Tivh6Xs.jpg

yLScx7v.jpg

The ends of sidings in the far corners of yards were often squalid, with weeds and rubbish much in evidence.

U2CqOR5.jpg

The sort of scene that few people would have photographed. Film was too precious.

Chaz

• Like 17

• 2 weeks later...

A few more from Worthing - once they have run out there won't be more - the new owner collected Dock Green today - sad, but making a new project possible.

Qfnu9Vs.jpg

NX8cgJK.jpg

hP9U7wa.jpg

gauDWrW.jpg

5uWbl0d.jpg

Jg30nyg.jpg

9yiHfqY.jpg

Chaz

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 14/11/2019 at 08:19, Siberian Snooper said:

I'm going to miss this thread when you run out of photos.

Oh dear, sorry, but I am going to say goodbye with the last four shots from the Worthing show.

FXxVeP9.jpg

nyt8R00.jpg

eg4WQh0.jpg

oOsxDhC.jpg

I am pleased that the very last picture should be of the J6. I will be keeping this model which is one of my favourites. 

I have enjoyed telling the story of Dock Green using RMweb. It has been very useful as I way of recording what (and how) I have modelled the scene. It has also helped to motivate me to keep going.

Thanks to all of you who have commented on the layout and from time to time have offered advice. All those "like" clicks have been an encouragement too. This will be my last post - the layout has gone to its new home and my new project Athena PA is just starting.

All the best...

Chaz

Edited by chaz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Chaz,

thank you for an engaging, informative and entertaining few years.  I’m gutted that I never managed to see it “in the flesh”, but the thread, and the pictures therein, has been a marvellous story, well told.

I’m delighted that DG was sold, not scrapped, and I look forward to your next adventure!

atb

Simon

Edited by Simond
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

When you start the layout thread, can you please post a link in this thread as a reminder please, otherwise I might well miss the start.

Thanks, it's been great watching and has provided some inspiration in some areas.

Thread has already started - see 28 October above.

Plans are up and there seems to be no shortage of advice at present!!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Thread has already started - see 28 October above.

Plans are up and there seems to be no shortage of advice at present!!!

Yes, that's right Hal. I am posting on the "Narrow Gauge Modelling Online" forum as this seems more appropriate. You will have to sign up to follow the topic but that can't hurt, can it?

Once you are up and running search for "Athena". I don't think the link will work unless you have signed in, but here it is...

Athena PA - in the Furness Valley

• Thanks 1