Mk3 coach production

DapolDave

the TGS photo above doesn't look so great from one 3/4 angle.  the window surrounds look very pronounced.  I dare say from a side on view that's far less "spottable".

I'm put off by the whole Dapol mk3 thing given there are so many mixed shades going on for easily form matching rakes........ive got one ScotRail set and that's about me done for now until models start coming through with correct branding and shading.  I'm after the ic exec mk3s non HST.

Any of the Dapol Mark 3 coaches look like that, it is just the light and close up 

I too would not have bothered replacing my Farish HST with the Dapol version if I knew it was going to take this long and end up with the wrong type of buffet! 

I personally prefer the detailing on the Class 43 and future fitting of sound looked easier 

The Mark 3 coaches themselves are more detailed, and there was the option for lighting 

The main issue for me is the wrong widths of the red and white stripes, rather than the paint shades, as this will be corrected during weathering 

Agreed, the ScotRail C&M sets are a different ball game, I currently have four sets and have now started looking for a fifth set

At the time I thought four would be enough 

I have also modified two Blue Grey sets, but the base loco hauled coaches are close enough

Edited by mjkerr

im sure its covered to death somewhere in the dim and distance but was Dapol ever thinking of tooling up another roofing for loco hauled with the different vents??

would seem an easy(ish) win here to cover all the bases or are folk just not too bothered given the 2mm scale is so small.

• RMweb Gold

im sure its covered to death somewhere in the dim and distance but was Dapol ever thinking of tooling up another roofing for loco hauled with the different vents??

would seem an easy(ish) win here to cover all the bases or are folk just not too bothered given the 2mm scale is so small.

Unfortunately not - I wish they had.

• RMweb Premium

On the plus side using the same roof tooling for the HST and LH mk3's makes it easier to swap them over when Dapol keep cocking up the roof colour on the HST trailers!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi gang,

Steve at Railtec has today released a set of EMT correction transfers - rows of dots to do first class , coach letters , first class legends and coach plus power car numbers - set numbers from TOPS earlier this week so current formations all for £5.50, mine on order and looks like a few evening fun with decal soft and klear polish, thanks Steve.!!

Robert  

Hi gang,

Steve at Railtec has today released a set of EMT correction transfers - rows of dots to do first class , coach letters , first class legends and coach plus power car numbers - set numbers from TOPS earlier this week so current formations all for £5.50, mine on order and looks like a few evening fun with decal soft and klear polish, thanks Steve.!!

Robert  

Thanks Robert. Indeed, here it is:

2mm_2430-1.jpg

To give you:

2mm_2430-2.jpg

...albeit that photo is of course of the EMT/EC set, but the markings in the pack are the same.

Pack is available here.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

For those interested in the current Chiltern Mainline trains, on the Dapol Digest site their MD Joel Bright has indicated that they intend to include the current slam door train set in a future run of Mk3 coaches. The set currently operates between Marylebone and Bicester North, and has previously run to Banbury on a regular basis , with odd forays to the edges of the Chiltern network. The days of the real coaches are numbered because they will not have a power door conversion, or be equipped for the next phase of disabled passenger requirements. The DVT would almost certainly be unchanged, although the Chiltern ones have one van door on each side fitted with air flow grilles for the diesel powered auxiliary power unit used in conjunction with Chiltern trains.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...