I just don't get signals :(

Hello Again,

I have not been able to do much modeling recently but i got back into it now and i have decided to add a cross over to allow arrivals into the bays.

Here is an updated (And i Really Hope I'm Getting Somewhere and not just wasting your time!) version of the layout.

tracklayout-5.png

Many Thanks,

Dave

In the real world The signal on the right side before the crossing would probably have a theatre indicator rather than feathers as it would allow for a letter/number to be shown for all routes. As it stands you can only signal 3 routes and you have a potential for 6 routes from that peg.

Also the bi directional branch line signal with the feather at the left hand end may have the feather back onto the main route as the branch maybe considered the primary route. I asked a few other signalling designers, planners and S&T engineers about this none of them can agree which is correct as the primary route is often dictated by a number of things such as line speed,which line was the first route in the area,frequency of traffic.

Hope this helps

I have put a theatre indicator in the right hand side signal aswell as the feathers, do I only need the theatre indicator?

The Branch line will be used for slow local passenger sevices so I would of thought going back onto the main down would be the main route.

Thanks

I have put a theatre indicator in the right hand side signal aswell as the feathers, do I only need the theatre indicator?

The Branch line will be used for slow local passenger sevices so I would of thought going back onto the main down would be the main route.

Thanks

The theatre indicator will replace the feathers. No point repeating the indication of the route. Just noticed that you have no signals protecting the junctions from the branch. You will need to add one from each side. roughly where you have indicated it is a branch line. The rest is ok unless you really want to pick hairs and on the first through platform face next to the bays. There should be a signal red signal (maybe just a red aspect) to indicate that the route is no longer bi-directional and that point must not be passed.

Hope this helps

Thamks for your help :)

tracklayout-6.png

do you mean a LOS when you say "unless you really want to pick hairs and on the first through platform face next to the bays"?

and would it face the oposite way to the signal on the end of the platform?

Thanks again :)

http://anoraksia.ukgeeks.co.uk/p38645315.html

This signal is similar to the type I mean but it has cats eyes which when off allow a loco or empty stock to pass. It should sit at the end on the platform and not allow any movements passed it at all, however cats eyes/positioning signal would require a limit of shunt signal on and only allow loco's to pass. A stop board would work just the same as red signal, without any special instructions the Stop board could not be passed

• RMweb Premium

Pardon me if this has already been covered, but I think the way you've laid the branch out might prove a little restrictive. First, you can't cross trains running in an anti-clockwise direction between the branch and the main (and vice versa) without running wrong line on the main. Second, there's no facility for branch trains to cross in opposite directions, which seems a bit odd for a station of this size.

Pardon me if this has already been covered, but I think the way you've laid the branch out might prove a little restrictive. First, you can't cross trains running in an anti-clockwise direction between the branch and the main (and vice versa) without running wrong line on the main.

Hi, I intend to reverse trains in the station to go back out on the mainline and

Second, there's no facility for branch trains to cross in opposite directions, which seems a bit odd for a station of this size.

I havent got enough space :(

If you have any ideas that might help me with operating trains, I am happy to hear them :)

Many Thanks,

Dave

Archived