Grantham - the Streamliner years

LNER4479

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, manna said:

G'day Folks

Only flux I can get on with.

manna

Good luck.. you have seen what it dos to steel axles... makes them realistically weathered!!

baz

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Gents

Don't tell me I have got to go out and start milking 'Brown Snakes' before I can do a bit of soldering.

manna

Terry

Could have got you one a few months ago at the golf club but it's a bit cold now!

I'll keep my eyes open for one next summer. Expect you've got plenty up your way anyway.

I'll have to think about getting a new bottle of flux soon, I'm getting rather low. The only back up is an old bottle of the, you guessed it Bakers Fluid!

Andrew

• Funny 2

G'Day Folks.

Had the odd snake about this summer, not many, the dogs chased a 4 footer under the house, couple of months ago, haven't seen it since so I suppose it's gone.....................or the dogs ate it. !

I'm getting low on Bakers Flux, I'll have to get another.

manna

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, LNER4479 said:

In the end, it took 35 days (aka 5 weeks) - which exactly matched my previous record for a kit built loco! Ah well ..

Sorry, the adjudicator's stop watch is still running until it's painted, lined, fully decked out with transfers, varnished, weathered, coaled up and provided with crew.

Have those coaches got interiors, non-brass carpets and insignia on both sides now?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

32 minutes ago, gr.king said:

Sorry, the adjudicator's stop watch is still running until it's painted, lined, fully decked out with transfers, varnished, weathered, coaled up and provided with crew.

Have those coaches got interiors, non-brass carpets and insignia on both sides now?

You can go off people, y'know ...

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, gr.king said:

Handrails?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Due to being on lockdown because of the lurgie going round our house, I have just had a read through all 188 pages. Can I ask, where are the braziers for the water collums? 

Magnificent layout but have to say only seen it once and it was not completed then, will have to go and see it again when some thing approaching normally returns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, jwealleans said:

As we're running on the summer timetable, I imagine that they've gone back to Doncaster for a polish.    Or perhaps they've already come back and are still stacked up at the back of the shed awaiting redeployment.

Miles above my pay grade.. I only polish them mate!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, jwealleans said:

Or perhaps they've already come back and are still stacked up at the back of the shed awaiting redeployment.

... along with all the telegraph poles, gas lamps, ground signals, point rodding ... and the myriad of other 'finishing off' details still required.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1