• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if AjModels are still producing their Ex L&Y class 27 and 28 3D prints. I can’t see any recent reports from customers or entries on their blog. I don’t want to fall into the trap of ordering something online from someone who is no longer trading - once bitten, twice shy.

Thanks

John D

If it helps I do two versions of the L&YR Class 28, both the rebuilt Class 27 with Belpair Firebox and the later 657 new build Class 28's.

Here is a link to a completed one (27 rebuild type) in Shapeways WSF, takes a  lot of smoothing in this material.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/7F9UEGQJR/l-yr-class-28-27-rebuild-wsf?optionId=72366127&li=shops

although the more expensive FUD/SFDP Resin ones are available too.

Alternatively they can be printed here on the Photon in detail resin, cheapest option.    Very similar to the FUD although not identical.

Thought AJ did the original Class 27?

Edited by Knuckles

• 2 years later...

Taken me best part of two years to get round to finishing my AJModels L&Y 27; but here it is - finally! Overall I'm very pleased with the way it went. The smokebox door came without dogs, but little bits of Plasticard strip soon cured that. The most frustrating bit has been getting rid of the print lines on the boiler etc; which I haven't fully succeeded in doing; but I'm hoping a bit of careful weathering will help to disguise that. The prototype loco, 52285 was based at Moor Row in West Cumberland; but withdrawn in 1952. So I guess it would never have received the early emblem, but I prefer that to BRITISH RAILWAYS - so Rule One was invoked.

52285front_scrn.jpg

52285rear_scrn.jpg

52285side_scrn.jpg

• Like 8