Wiring up a locomotive help needed

Hi all, I am currently in the middle of a project of remoring a Hornby 92 with the motor and mechanisms from a class 50: http://www.rmweb.co....ve-a-Hornby-92/

Due to the height of the 92 body I cannot fit the circuit board which was on the 50. This means I need to hardwire the loco myself, which makes me ponder the question, do I just connect up the wiring from the pickups to the motor or do I need to add resisitors or anything to the circuit. I have left the capacitor on the motor.

Furthermore, I will be adding DCC to the loco aswell so do I need to think of anything else?

Im sure this is a pretty stupid question but I just wanted to check I don't need any resistors or anything as I don't want to risk breaking anything!

Thanks,

Danny

Guest 40-something

Hi Danny

I guess you wont be using the lighting so you can just wire up the pick ups to the motor, and hard wire a chip in between when you're ready for it

If you need to leave out the PCB just wire the black and red wires from the decoder to the pickups, and the grey and orange wires from the decoder to the motor. Keep the wires to the motor as short as possible and remove the capacitors.

Archived