New kit release. Great Southern Railways Class 800 "Maedhbh"

Weshty

Studio Scale models are proud to announce the release of their finest and most detailed kit to date, the Great Southern Railways Class 800. The biggest and most powerful engines ever to run in Ireland, they were designed by Edgar Bredin with drawings prepared by H. J. A. Beaumont. This kit is dedicated to their memory.

This is a brass kit with nicklesilver chassis and whitemetal detailing. As with all SSM kits, everything is provided "except for paint and labour". Etched numbering and nameplates are included for all three locos, Maedhbh, Macha and Tailte. A resin casting has been specially commissioned to represent the compound curves of the firebox front. Transfers, lining, plunger pickups and sprung buffers are also included.

OO wheels and crankpins, gearbox, motor and Drivestretcher are also available to purchase with the kit. See www.studio-scale-models.com for further details including photos and pricing.

post-8620-0-96794600-1342434980.jpg

Weshty

Not my era,but that is one class looking locomotive kit,best wishes with the project.

Still looking forward to the release of the B101 locomotive kit,it seems to be progressing along nicely.Good to know that it will fit on to an sd9 chassis,as I have a spare one waiting!

The new 30 ton brake van is also on my shopping list for a future purchase,it looks great also.

There are many great Irish items for all era's on the studio-scale-models site,well worth a visit.

Andy

Archived